Thread: spike walls glitch out of frame

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spike walls glitch out of frame

is there a way to fix this? game file - Application 4.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the bouncing ball movement properties of both spike actives you need to change the randomizer to 0 and the security to 0. You currently have it set as the default for a bouncing ball which is randomizer 20 and the to security 60.

Why this is an important change is because eventually the spike wall will change direction from the down direction to a random direction. Here's a small mfa to demonstrateBouncing Ball no random movement.mfa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @aenever i tried it out and it seems to work! but i do have another question, is there a way to fix this as well? when you hold left and up you glitch and a similar thing happens when you got the opposite. heres the vid:

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I can't make sense of it. The strange push-out only seems to occur when the player is touching and moving towards the shield or the fire ball player stopper. I never use the move safely extension so it's out of my comfort zone. Best of luck I hope someone else can point you in the right direction.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The move-safely object you're using seems to have been written for platform movements. Since you're using your own movements, it might not work as intended. Also you're telling Fusion to always run it - which would probably interfere with everything else going on. And also there's nothing that deactivates your movement when the move safely is running - so everything is fighting with everything else.

You could try to just code what move safely is doing in yourself, instead of using it. Something like this - where Group.Friends refers to the 2 walls and their hot spots are x = middle of object and y = at the bottom for wall 1 and at the top for wall 2:
    This example only tests the overlap for 1 wall - you'd have to include the conditions for the 2nd wall as well.

Code:
    * Collision between Group.Friends and Group.Friends
        Group.Friends : Stop

* Wall 1 is overlapping Active 3
    + Y position of Wall 1 < Y( "Wall 2" ) + OHeight( "Active 3" )
         Active 3 : Set Flag 0 on

* Active 3: Flag 0 is on
        Active 3 : Set Y position to Y( "Wall 1" ) + ( OHeight( "Active 3" ) / 2 )

* Wall 1 is overlapping Active 3
    + Y position of Wall 1 >= Y( "Wall 2" ) - OHeight( "Active 3" )
        Active 3 : Destroy
    But you also need to tidy up your code - because I see you removed your loops from your movement, but you've left bits and pieces of it in some of the other commands and you're not using Fusion's built-in movements which means you have to program in every movement condition yourself. So when you're pressing 2 keys together Fusion is triggering the one and then the other. You might be better of putting a command for both being pressed together and a diagonal movement.

Also note all your background collision events will trigger at the same time which will stop your player - but also keep him stopped. There's nothing there to break the collision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @aenever thats fine, thanks for your help tho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 is active 3 supposed to be the player? and i dont see any loops in the code (unless i overlooked). i made sure to get rid of them all. and ill try to fix the keys but im not sure which direction W + A go in. i never worked on diagonal movement, i always thought it was automatic.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Euingee View Post
    @Janette5 is active 3 supposed to be the player?
    Yes, I copied & pasted the wrong bit - it's the player

and i dont see any loops in the code (unless i overlooked).
    with the walls you're calling some loops that no longer exist - lines 73 + 74.

i made sure to get rid of them all. and ill try to fix the keys but im not sure which direction W + A go in. i never worked on diagonal movement, i always thought it was automatic.
    It is automatic if you use 8 direction movement. But if you don't then - you have to code everything yourself. (Your player is set to static i.e. no movement and not 8-direction movement.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 ok i did the overlap and it works a but weird. idk if i did it right but the code is under "Lives/Collision", under the comment "Spike Wall Collsion". Application 4.mfa

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went back to your previous .mfa and inserted my example into it. The idea is that you use this code instead of move-safely - not together.

• I deleted the move safely and inserted a block - collision with walls.
    • You had additional collisions between the player and the walls in several places that I deleted.
    • I also changed the hotspots of the walls to be on the edge facing each other.
    • I gave the walls their own unique qualifier.

I tested it a few times and it seemed to work.
    Attached files Attached files

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast