User Tag List

Thread: Try to build App, but I can't because of my antivirus software

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try to build App, but I can't because of my antivirus software

Here's the problem. I learned how to change Icons on the Clickteam Fusion app, and I decided to try building what I have in my prototype app so far. I build the thing, it's in the desktop, but when I try to click on it to open it, it tells me "Operation did not complete because it contains a virus or other unwanted software". I did a scan on my antivirus, and it didn't even detect anything in CF as a virus, but the quarantine scan says "No quarantined items were detected as false positives". Is it any of the extensions I have, or Clickteam itself, or just Emisoft Anti-virus? Here's the MFA so you can try it and see if it works for you. This has never happened before, and in those project builds, I used the default Icon.

EDIT: Tried it again on another project with the default icons. It’s doing it there, too.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look in your anti-virus for a setting like this: Don't check apps that were built on this computer.

Else check the settings of your anti-virus to see if you can exclude your particular app.

It has nothing to do with your icons and it's not a virus - it's just that it's new and unknown and so any anti-virus will give an error message.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

The thing is, I tried it with another project today and it did the same thing. And I’ve built projects before with no problem. I checked the log and it says “Found Gen:Variant.Ursu.899344 (B)” in both projects and the quarantine is listing them as malware. I’m wondering if any extensions I have on CF might be doing this.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Norton says: No threats found.

You're using 2 extensions, Platform Movement Object and the Physics Engine - they're both widely used and there's no problem with them.

I did get virus warnings with the Physics Engine in Fusion, many years ago, which I reported to Norton as a false positive - and haven't had issues since - but this was in installing Fusion, not actually running an .exe

It may be a recent update to your anti-virus software that is causing this - you'd have to check with them.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I build the thing, it's in the desktop, but when I try to click on it to open it, it tells me "Operation did not complete because it contains a virus or other unwanted software".
    It's weird it does it only with your applications and not Fusion files. In your anti-virus settings you probably have a "Submit as false positive" option somewhere, try to use it to send them your application, they will fix the problem in a next virus definition update and hopefully this will work for all your apps.