User Tag List

Thread: Android app screen resizing problem - impossible to fix???

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Android app screen resizing problem - impossible to fix???

Hi all,

I already posted on the Open topic community forum but a user recommended that I post it here.

I'm rather experienced with Clickteam Fusion 2.5 but quite new to Android and iOS development. We have been working on a casual mobile game for a while now. Previously we used "Fit inside (black bars)", "Keep screen ratio" and "Resize display to fill window size" as display settings in the mobile game. The frame and application were 1080 x 1920 in size - everything worked flawlessly.

Now we realized that we wanted to make the mobile game look modern and needed to make it so that it uses the whole screen on all display sizes. We decided to use the object called "Window Control" to find out the screen size of each phone. The whole game is based around a feature that a specific block gets destroyed when it gets outside of the screen. We used "Window Control" as follows:

Y position of "block" >= ScreenYSize("Window Control") = destroy block

This worked perfectly on my phone (1080 x 2240 pixels) but not on the other phone (720 x 1520 pixels) when we tested it out. You can see what I mean in the picture I made about the situation.

We tried to find a solution by trying different methods of finding the screen height and browsing the forums but nothing seemed to help. What can be done to make it work on all phones regardless of resolution?

Any help? Thanks!

phonescreens.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why don't you use " screen bottom y" from scene object for your condition ? it will work for any screen size.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't work. It is maybe 1/4th off.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use it in my app to position my menu and it works perfectly on all screen sizes. I'm using french version, so i don't know the english name but it should be something like "visible screen bottom y".
    Screen size management is a bit complicated to understand at the begining so, what i have done is to create active objects that i position on screen edges using actions to check visualy the result and i used text object to show value of positions (example : "what is the value of visible bottom screen y"). You will see that depending on the scaling option you select this value won't be the same.
    I don't think that using screen size is the best option because scaling makes the screen size inside app different from real screen size.