User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is Edrtex.exe and why does it crash my game?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question What is Edrtex.exe and why does it crash my game?

Hello, everyone!
    I have downloaded the ClickTeam DLC, and I do see some upsides with these new features; however, I am coming across a familiar problem that has been revamped by the DLC!

Before the DLC, I came across a problem that strikes most often when the child application closes and the main program attempts to open back up. At random, the main program crashes, and the crash window says edrt.exe is not working properly. In rarer cases, that same crash will happen if the program is transitioning to a certain frame (the “emulator”’s main menu). I don’t know what does it because again, it happens randomly! I only recall it happening in the testing phase, and the crash will not happen in the .exe build of the application.

Jump to after getting the Update and DLC, I wanted to do some renovation for my first game and wanted to do some tests with the new features: that’s where the edrtex.exe crashes come in. What I can recall, the child program never had these edrt.exe crashes before; but now it is in the form of edrtex. The crash happen when there’s a frame transition or when application ends. Could it be something with the program? Edrtex.exe crashes also happens at random.

You can download a previous build of the game here to see if anyone, for some reason, come across a similar crash.
    https://ovimanic.itch.io/ovivixen (For Users 18 and over!)

Thank you for reading my issue!

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC Edrt and Edrtex are fusion’s runtime. When you hit F5, F7 or F8 to run your game in fusion, fusion will build your game to a temp folder then run it with edrt or edrtex.
    I also encountered random crash after updated to 2.5+ (Especially when loading game from save data), and I never thought that’s may because of transitions before!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saving and Loading! If that what’s causing the crashes, that makes sense even with the transitions. When these crashes happen (in both my edrt and edrtex experiences) it happens when the frame is trying to grab as much saved data as possible. For the Emulator, it was the main menu. The game also tries to claim saved data, and that is usually for the Scoreboard. The only thing I find questioning is the one edrtex crash that happened when the game starts its first level.

Hopefully these errors do not translate when these apps become stand-alone: that’s my greatest concern! I can tolerate a random crash here and there so long as it stays in Fusion. Still...it’s a tad annoying...

Thanks defisym, for responding!

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Edrtex is the editor runtime for the 2.5+ DLC.

Random crashes are often due to corrupted memory, especially if the crash happens when a frame or the application ends. What extensions do you use in your app?

About transitions, crashes will happen if you use expressions from extension objects in a Start of Frame event, when the frame has a fade-in transition and the "Create before frame transition" option in the extension object is not selected. But in this case the crash is not random.

If you can zip and send me your MFA (with the external files you use), then I can check if the debug version of Fusion reports any error.

Yves.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Btw, make sure your 2.5+ DLC is up-to-date. If you've installed it after installing the latest Fusion update patch, re-install the patch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do have a lot of extensions downloaded from this site. The only one that's foreign to the site is Ultimate Fullscreen. It's actually the only object extension I'm using currently, but it is only used for the child application: the one that is now getting hit with the edrtex crashes.

While there are "start of frame" commands, there are never any "fade-out" frame transitions. I often referring to "end-of-frame" when talking about frame transitions.

I updated the Clickteam somewhere in late June and bought and downloaded the DLC right after; so hopefully, it's as up-to-date as it can be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yves, I may send you the MFA files through the customer service ticket, but it's gonna take me some time to do it. Sorry in advance...

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFieryPlumber View Post
    I updated the Clickteam somewhere in late June and bought and downloaded the DLC right after; so hopefully, it's as up-to-date as it can be.
    Hoping is usually not enough, re-installing the latest update patch is safer. Please do it and send me your file only if you can reproduce the issue with the latest update patch.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFieryPlumber View Post
    Yves, I may send you the MFA files through the customer service ticket, but it's gonna take me some time to do it. Sorry in advance...
    You can also send me a PM here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    You can also send me a PM here.
    I’m sorry, where can I send a PM exactly? When I highlight a normal clicker’s name and click Private Message, it’ll send me to the Private Message page. However, when I do the same to your name, it only directs me to your page. It says on the PM page that it doesn’t work when sending to staffers, so is it just a warning or PMs here doesn’t work on your end? I can copy and paste your name on to the Private Message page, but I’m not sure if it will actually work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just so we’re clear here, re-installing is uninstalling the entire ClickTeam program and features and installing it again with the latest patch and DLC...including the extra extensions?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast