Thread: Sign your application / Install Creator

Clicker Install Creator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sign your application / Install Creator

Hello to the community,

I'm a brand new user of Install Creator. I bought Install Creator for my company to make installers for my VR games. I want to know how do you sign or how application installs are signed with Install Creator, so when people want to install the company's game(s) they are not prompted with a windows screen that the app is from an unknown source, and it looks unpro and not sure. My clients are and will be professionals so they have to feel confident when they install my demos or final products.

Thanks in advance for the support, informations. I'm French, but wrote the question in English to get any support from whom had the same question.
    XavierBLaSuite

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierBLaSuite View Post
    Hello to the community,

I'm a brand new user of Install Creator. I bought Install Creator for my company to make installers for my VR games. I want to know how do you sign or how application installs are signed with Install Creator, so when people want to install the company's game(s) they are not prompted with a windows screen that the app is from an unknown source, and it looks unpro and not sure. My clients are and will be professionals so they have to feel confident when they install my demos or final products.

Thanks in advance for the support, informations. I'm French, but wrote the question in English to get any support from whom had the same question.
    XavierBLaSuite
    Hello,

Sorry I just see your post (you can also get support for IC via the Contact form on the web site).

If you want to sign your installer, you have to purchase a code signing certificate from companies like Thawte, Verisign, etc and use the tools they provide to sign your EXE. This is how we do ourselves with our installers, that are made with IC.