User Tag List

Thread: iOS wait for a touch not working

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iOS wait for a touch not working

Hello,

I'd like to ask if anyone else has experienced this problem where the iOS : wait for a touch option is not working anymore in HTML5 export.
    It worked fine for every app I wrote in the past, but when I run my latest HTML5 game on my iPad, it does not give me the option and the app starts without sound!

Did anyone else have this problem, and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks for any help

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It seems that on the iPad the new desktop mode makes the iPad look like a Mac and the Fusion runtime is confused, in theory this should be fixed in the build 292.24 (until they break it again maybe...).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Yves

Just want to inform you that it's still not fixed. Sorry,

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Il ya jamais eu de grosse mise Ó jour sur le runtime html5... Jai mis un arret temporaire sur mon projet Úducatif car .... j'attends le nouveau runtime.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    It seems that on the iPad the new desktop mode makes the iPad look like a Mac and the Fusion runtime is confused, in theory this should be fixed in the build 292.24 (until they break it again maybe...).
    I am having this issue as well, although I think it's related to the iOS version because on an older iPhone it's still working. I can't get it past the "wait for touch" on iOS 14 (this was possibly a problem on 13 as well, but it is working on iOS 12 because I have an older iOS device that cannot update past 12 and it's working on that.

Do you have any suggestions for how to remedy this issue? I have a client who needs this to work on Apple devices, and right now it's only working on Mac, PC, and Android.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for this issue. I'm also experiencing this issue on an iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 14.3. The issue does not occur on an iPad Pro 12.9" running iOS 13.7. (I'm going to update the iPad's OS now and edit this post to see if it also fails on 14).

EDIT: After updating my iPad from 13.7 to 14.3, it now has the same issue as on iPhone. So it seems this is specific to iOS 14.

I've done a lot of testing on my own and the following is what I think is causing/related to this bug. I was actually going to make a new topic but then saw this one, so I'll post it here.
    I found that even if I work around this particular issue by unchecking "wait for a touch", any touch and multi-touch still don't work properly throughout the application. Specifically, only the first 10 touches are registered (ever. I'm not talking about simultaneous touches like putting all 10 fingers down at once). After 10 separate touch events, no further touches are registered until you close and reopen the HTML5 app/refresh the page. (This is the same whether you're checking for touch input by testing for "mouse clicks" or by using the Multiple Touch object).

After much testing, what I found is happening is it registers the *start* of each new finger touch, but not the *end* of the touch (lifting the finger). So it thinks you just keep putting down more fingers and never lifting any. The touches keep "building up" until it reaches the maximum of 10 simultaneous touches (max on iOS at least).

Strangely the above *only* occurs if your application has any sounds in it. An application with no sounds listed in Data Elements does not have this issue. So I'm almost positive that this is related to the "silent sound" workaround that is used in Runtime.js.

If you comment out these two lines in Runtime.js in the HTML5 development build then everything works (but this also bypasses the "wait for a touch" option):

Code:
    	if (this.iOS && this.soundBank.nHandlesReel > 0) // && (this.dwOptions & CRunApp.AH2OPT_LOADSOUNDSONTOUCH) != 0)
    			{
    				//this.silentSound = new CSound(this);
    				//this.silentSound.loadSilent();
    			}
    An example can be seen here. This is a touch based platformer example by @aenever from this thread. On my iPhone with iOS 14.3, as you touch multiple times, the pink boxes never disappear, until you have touched 10 times, then no more touches are registered. On my iPad with 13.7, it functions normally (boxes appear as you put fingers down, then disappear when you lift them).

Let me know if you think I should post this as its own separate Bug topic...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by n89 View Post
    +1 for this issue. I'm also experiencing this issue on an iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 14.3. The issue does not occur on an iPad Pro 12.9" running iOS 13.7. (I'm going to update the iPad's OS now and edit this post to see if it also fails on 14).

EDIT: After updating my iPad from 13.7 to 14.3, it now has the same issue as on iPhone. So it seems this is specific to iOS 14.

After much testing, what I found is happening is it registers the *start* of each new finger touch, but not the *end* of the touch (lifting the finger). So it thinks you just keep putting down more fingers and never lifting any. The touches keep "building up" until it reaches the maximum of 10 simultaneous touches (max on iOS at least).

Strangely the above *only* occurs if your application has any sounds in it. An application with no sounds listed in Data Elements does not have this issue. So I'm almost positive that this is related to the "silent sound" workaround that is used in Runtime.js.

If you comment out these two lines in Runtime.js in the HTML5 development build then everything works (but this also bypasses the "wait for a touch" option):
    You are an absolute lifesaver. I don't have any sound effects in this particular project, yet, but I did have a sound clip I was using for testing purposes and I removed that to get everything working. I suppose if I need to add sound later I'll have to use your trick with the js code.

Would love for this to get fixed in the next update, but for now your trick fixed it for me. Thank you so much!