User Tag List

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: how to make character disappear

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh sorry, I see I accidentally set it up to only play once.

You do this:

* Music = 0
    + Folk dance 1 is not playing
    Sound : Play sample Folk dance 1 on channel #1, 0 times

The 0 times will loop it continuously.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 oh ok thank you. so for my other levels, i have 12 levels in total with levels 1 - 3 playing the same song 4-6 playing a different one, 7-10 playing another and the last two playing a whole other. do i keep the same channel number the songs that are the same or change them in every level? also, will the ini also work on android? like, will it save the info if the player wants sound or not?

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Euingee View Post
    do i keep the same channel number the songs that are the same or change them in every level?
    You can - in this case it doesn't matter. But what is important is that you stop the previous sample before starting the new one. If they're each on their own channel, you can just stop the channel. If they use the same channel - you need to stop the sample by name.

You would have this at the start of each frame:

* Start of Frame
    Sound : Stop channel #1

or

* Start of Frame
    Sound : Stop sample Folk dance 1

and then to play the next sample:

* Start of Frame
    + Music = 0
    + Drunken Sailor is not playing
    Sound : Play sample Drunken Sailor on channel #2, 0 times

also, will the ini also work on android? like, will it save the info if the player wants sound or not?
    Yes, this works as is on Android as well.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 quick question, so im tryna have my game in full screen but dont know how to do it. i got the ufs object and messed around with it but havent really figured it out. how do i make it where i make the screen fit to any size on pc and mobile? and make sure everything is looking clean and not weirdly proportioned and stretched out?

file: https://mega.nz/file/vh1GSArQ#Du4wGA...NH2_lZAXZwF-Y8

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Step 1 is to use a size that is equal to the majority of monitors.

Do NOT tick the button - maximized on boot-up - instead do this:

* Start of Frame
    Ultimate Fullscreen : Go fullscreen
    The settings I use under Properties - Windows are:

Style Ticked:
    Heading
    No Maximize Box
    No Thick Frame

Full Screen Ticked:
    Keep screen ratio

Options:
    Resize display to fill window size
    Anti-aliasing when resizing

You need to just play around with the settings until you get something you're happy with.

When you get the Android module there are different settings - it's becoming harder to make games work on all the different odd-shaped devices out there. I just use stretch to fill under the Android properties, it gives me the best results but you can check out the help file - they give you pictures of the different settings there. Stretch to fill will give you some distortion, but I write my games in a way that it looks like it was meant to be that way - i.e. on one device the circles will be ovals, on another they'll be circles and I'm okay with that.

If you upload a very large file then I can't change in your file without having to go and upload it somewhere else myself - I'm not going to do that all the time - maybe remove the music from your upload version?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 sorry about that, i didnt know the music made the file big lol. but how do i restart a song after the player leaves the level? like after you finish or die in a level you'll go into another frame and the menu music starts where it left off instead of restarting from the beginning. i paused channel 1 when i went into the level and resumed it in frame 4. file.mfa

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pause will stop the song where it is and continue when you resume it.

If you want it start over you need to stop it and then play it again - I changed your example.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 but what if i go back to that frame from the main menu? i know i dint add that in but in my game when the player loses or wins they'll be brought back the level selection screen and the music will start like in the title screen but not restart when going into different frames that play the same song. i hope im explaining this right

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you interrupt the music with a different tune - you may as well restart it - it's not like people will remember from one moment to the next that they're continuing or restarting a song.

The problem is at the point the player leaves the frame, you don't know what they're going to do next - and if you keep all the tracks running in memory i.e. paused - especially on Android - that's going to take some memory.

I'd recommend you just stop and start them as needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 yeah ill probably just stick with that, but when i go into the level selection frame it just restarts the song that was previously playing in the title after following your example of starting the song when coming back the the level selection after finishing a level.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast