User Tag List

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: how to make character disappear

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 ah ok i didnt even think of that lol. its working a lot better than my method i did earlier. but just to be 100% sure i did everything right heres the new code. its under the group "Enemies" under the comments "Test For Enemy Overlap", "Collision Check", and "Destroy if Too Far From Frame". game.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks good - but you have a problem with lines 169 - 177. You were using Flag 0 there - now you've used Flag 0 for Spawn from Left. So you'll have to create a new flag - flag 4 or 5 and change lines 169 - 177 to the new flag.

(If you select all the baddies - click on 1 baddie - hold down shift and click on the others - then when you change or rename the flags it will do so for all of them at the same time.)

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 ok so i just fixed everything up and now this happened when i selected the clown and alligator. i didnt see an issue with the other enemies as of now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zvNvYXGzVQ

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try this version - attached.

What I did was inactivate the collision bit (you can delete it) - because it's not necessary on line 185.

And I set the enemies overlapping to only trigger if they were in the frame i.e. their flags were off on lines 169 to 175. Line 185 would've run ahead of lines 169 to 175 - by deleting it, you're only left with lines 169 to 175 and with these lines the enemies will turn around and come back into the frame.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 yeah it works better now with occasional overlap. and if you choose the mantis and snake for example then they stick together. yeah, the whole timer thing might be a big problem, is there another way i could time them to be created?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 ok so i went to see what else i could do to fix the whole timer thing and i think i found one way of fixing it. i only did it for the crab and snake though just to show you but if you check it out under their code under "Enemies". game.mfa

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see the previous version you uploaded, and that I modified still had the enemies not overlapping condition in when enemies are created - which should be taken out.

What I would recommend is that you customise the game more and not have a one size fits all, for example if the player chooses the clown and alligator then have the clown always enter from the left and the alligator from the right or something like that. You can easily do this by creating different groups, with each group having a different timing and configuration for how and when enemies are created, and telling Fusion which groups to activate based on the player's choices.

But if you don't want to do that - here are 2 other solutions: I only changed the snake, the crab and the zombie:

I based the time on a calculation - because you don't know which 2 characters the player will choose - if you use a calculation it allows you to give every character their own time. Also because the First choice is going to be an even number and the second choice is going to be an odd number it reduces the risk of them being created at the same time. This uses a global value and a calculation.

Secondly instead of using your spawn objects I split your screen in two. So the first choice character will always be created in the one half of the frame and the second choice character will always be created in the second half of the frame - this is done with global values and calculations. For example, your screen is 800 pixels if you choose the crab first it will always appear somewhere between 0 and 400 pixels and if you choose the zombie second - it will always appear between 401 and 800 pixels and they will never be created on top of each other.

Edit: I see you did something similar - your crab won't work though because you are setting his position before you create him - you just need to re-order that event so that the create event is first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 yeah im sorry for the upload lol. my internet was acting up and i had to restart my computer because it wasnt uploading.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 ok so i fixed up all the spawns for the enemies and such but found a bug in Frame 1. so if you change your enemies then itll spawn the original that you selected and not the new one. i did a few things like turn off the flags if the player deselects any enemy and used a counter but that was a bad idea. heres how to see the bug: select the ghost first and then the spider second, then deselect the ghost and select the snake, then click ready and when you get to Frame 2 youll see that it chose the ghost and snake instead of the snake and spider. new_game.mfa

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay - fixed - attached.

I had written the code that bad guy 1 is selected when no bad guys are selected - and that meant when they changed bad guy 1 after selecting bad guy 2, that change didn't trigger. I've now provided for that scenario as well - line 6.

I also saw that your enemies keep coming after the player is dead - so I put in some code in line 315 on frame 2, end of game - that will set the timers so far back that the frame will end before the next enemy will appear, and it will also destroy other enemies already created.
    Attached files Attached files

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast