User Tag List

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: how to make character disappear

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 alright so i fixed up everything and it seems to all work! but sometimes the baddies collide with each other causing them to slow down a bit giving the player an advantage to shoot them. how do i make them not do that? new_ver_game.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a start delete line 265 because that line is in conflict with what is happening in lines 249 - 257 and it will be executed ahead of those lines as it's an immediate condition.

It does improve the situation, but doesn't solve it. I don't think you'd be able to completely solve it without allowing the baddies to freely move across each other. Every extra bit we add to solve one problem - just creates another problem down the line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 yeah its working a bit better now lol. i think it should be fine. everything feels better and ill go and try to fix everything else up. but for the robot and scarecrow, when the player choose either or how would i make the other baddies spawn in their earlier points? like, the snakes earliest time to spawn is in 8 secs, if the player chooses the robot then it will only spawn the the one on the right which is 10 secs. do i do the same like the alligator and enemies making an individual group for all characters or is there another way of doing it?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go back to one of my examples I had put the scarecrow and robot in their own groups and it would be simple then to just change the timing on each other baddie to make them enter faster or slower. It's the one dated 29 July.

Edit: I also gave you a different example a few days ago about using a global value to calculate the time (instead of every 8 seconds) to determine when the baddies are created - and in that case you could change the global values at the start of the frame depending on which baddies were chosen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 i found a glitch in Frame 1, so i was testing out the enemies that go with the robot when i changed my character and it for some reason thought i was still selecting them which caused double spawning in Frame 2. heres how to get that glitch: select the snake first, then click on the right button, then click on the left, then deselect the snake and click the right button to select the robot, once selected click the left button again to select the snake again (it should not let you the first time but click on the snake again), then click the ready button. you should then see no robot but two snakes coming out both sides. new_ver_game.mfa

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I changed it and commented in the .mfa

Basically it was a scenario I hadn't provided for - to cancel the first choice before selecting the second choice.

I've changed the code a bit to set the selections to zero when they're cancelled, so Fusion doesn't remember the value.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 thank you! but i have a question about one of my levels. so the grim reaper has his scythe on his right hand and it when the player collides with him he doesnt fully touch him but loses a life because of his detection area. i did check the use fine collision but that just made it worse because he just glitched through the player. Application 1.mfa

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what you're asking.

You need to set use fine detection on for the Grim Reaper.

If Fine detection is on - ticked then the player won't trigger a collision until he touches the grim reaper.

If fine detection is off - not ticked - then the player will trigger a collision when he is underneath the scythe as Fusion draws a box around the grim reaper and when the player enters the box - there's a collision.

The scythe will move through the player, but you have no code to block that because the scythe isn't part of group.bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 thats the thing, when fusion makes the box the player collides with it but the player doesnt actually collide with the reaper, instead just with the invisible box. and when the detection is on then he just goes through the player. the scythe is supposed the do its own thing. but what i was asking is how do i make it where the player collides with the grim reaper instead of its detection box and without glitching through him.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the block - use fine detection - must be ticked on the Grim Reaper.

Then line 2 of your code - Always Event - delete the two lines that tell the Skeleton and Grim Reaper to always look at the player - because those 2 events will allow the skeleton and player to move onto each other. (It's already handled correctly on line 49 - under the Enemies.)

By the way you have 2 grim reapers - one on layer 1 and one on layer 2. That doesn't matter because you don't create them at start and when you create them they are both created on layer 2. Unless the bit you sent me is different from what you're doing. Since the player is on layer 2, any grim reaper on layer 1 will not affect him.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast