Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: how to make character disappear

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ready button:

Properties - Display Options - Visible at Start - That button must NOT be ticked. You've ticked it, so it will always display.

The border_arenas object:

Remove use fine detection. You need the bounding box so that when the user clicks in the middle of the box to select / deselect a color, it also triggers a click on the border_arenas object.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 fixed. i have another question, how do i make the ghost fly over the alligator without changing much of the code? since the ghost can fly i want it to fly over the alligator, how would i do that? Application 3.mfa

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I changed your example to do this:

I have the alligators an additional qualifier that the ghost doesn't have - group.arms.
    The baddies collision is now done with group.arms and not group.bad - which means the alligators will still collide with each other but not with the ghost.

You have 2 choices here - you can give all the other baddies that additional qualifier too, and the ghosts will never collide with them either.

Or you create this new code into a group that is active only when the alligator and ghost are chosen - if you need me to do this, you'd have to send me the full level with the global values and if you don't want to post it in the forums you can upload it to Dropbox or OneDrive and just send me a download link by pm.
    Attached files Attached files

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 what about using flags?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using flags in what way?

The problem is that the alligators need to collide with each other but not with the ghosts. If I switch the collisions off - using a flag or value - the alligators don't collide with each other either. If I switch the collisions on then the alligators and the ghosts collide.

As long as the ghosts and alligators are in the same group and the collision events use that group i.e. group.bad - the collision events will trigger and they won't move over each other.

But you could wait a day or two and see if anyone else reading this will have a better idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 ill probably start a new thread but i do have another question. how do i make it where the player goes into an options menu and if they want music or sound they can turn it off or on and itll save? i added different animations for when the person clicks/taps on the squares.

file: https://mega.nz/file/fhEXUCIC#OwmbDJ..._MaOmd0qP6J44g

the file was too big for the forum, sorry

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced your 2 tunes with small Fusion samples just to upload the file here. If you click on Data Elements and then change them out with your songs - it will automatically replace all the code bits and pieces with your songs.

On your level - everywhere that you had play a sample I replaced that with a global value.

Then on line 47 I inserted this:

* Hit Sound On = 1
    + Sound = 0
    Special : Set Hit Sound On to 0
    Sound : Play sample hit_sound

What this does is test to see if sound is on (i.e. sound =0) and if so, it will play the sample once and reset the value so that the sample is not played again, until there's another reason to play it.

If sound is off (i.e. sound = 1) then it won't play the sample.

Note also that there's a setting in the game properties - play samples over frames (under runtime options - sound options). If you tick this then when they progress from one level to another, the music continues playing seamlessly. If you don't tick that, the tune will restart on each level.

Please change the file name in the ini file to a sensible name that will be unique to your game. (the name "ThisGameSaveFile")
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 when i turn off sound i can still hear it in the level frame. how do i turn it off?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follow the pattern of line 41 + 47.

Everywhere you had inserted to play a sound - replace that with set a global value = 1.

And then set it to play once like I did in line 47.

I didn't change everything - just enough to give you a pattern so that you would know what to do in your actual game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 oh ok i see, but how do i loop a sample thats on a channel? do i just put under it play and loop sample?

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast