User Tag List

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: how to make character disappear

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Line 119 destroys the pancake as soon as it appears - just delete that line.

Also your pancake and taco do not have any qualifiers - they need the same qualifiers as the other food - I think that's group.neutral.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 well the other levels are made practically the same way. line 119 just prevents the pancake from getting created on top of another pancake. and in the regular levels the food doesnt have any qualifiers, only in the custom level. heres the other level in the game, it has pretty much the same code and it works. im just not sure why the other one doesnt lvl.mfa

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the one you sent me now - there's always a secondary command - like an animation is over - or it's overlapping something.

But in the one you sent yesterday - line 119 just says when it's visible - destroy it. Which means the minute it's created, it's destroyed. You don't have a secondary condition there - like an overlapping condition or animation or anything else with it.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 do you know how to have scores on android? i know you have to have the android ini object but what do you put in them? and do i need to put in every frame or just the ones where the score is being saved?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Android scores works 100% like Windows scores.

You use an ini file if you want the scores to be saved after the game is closed - that's only if the person is going to play for a while - close the game - and you want them to come back in and pick up where they left off. In which case you can use the same ini file that you're using for the music and just add in a value - score. At the start of the game you load the score into a global value or the player's score - and the end of a frame / or end of the application you save it - exactly like you're saving the music / sound values.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 i actually already have ini files just for the scores, but i was told i have to put "DataStorageDirectory$"(Android Object)+"data" into the android ini but idk where in it. its supposed to save your score on android

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're storing on a local device - you can put in a path, but if you don't have to - Fusion automatically creates one and places it somewhere - don't know where - just know it works, it saves, but it is on a local device.

If you're looking to store on a server - I don't know, I've not done that and can't help you.

If you want to specify a path then where you declare the file name on Android - you declare the full path - for example, datastorage$()+"/"+"mygamefile.ini"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 hey do you know how to fix custom controls? i tested out my game on my phone and it doesnt work very well. i increased my button size which kinda helped but not enough. when i move from the up button the the right button i stop moving and when im shooting while moving it just doesnt work well. mobile_app.mfa

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this mean you got the Android compile working?

Use the multi-touch object instead of the mouse - it works like the mouse but allows for multiple touches at the same time (assuming the phone does - the new ones all do, some of the older ones didn't.)

You can see on this game that I wrote - https://www.evolutionary.co.za/cloudcalmingandroid.html - on the screenshots how I put the controls - you play with both hands but it keeps the controls out of the way

Turn off use fine detection on your controls - it makes a big difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 yeah i got the android studio working. my phone is fairly new so yeah it can handle multiple touches. ive never used the multiple touch object so is this how? as an example i replaced lines 4 and 5 with 17 and 18.

Untitled.png

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast