User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help with 3D-like collisions

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would it not work with having just a hit box for the base of each object, layer them after y-coordinate and maybe use flags to avoid bouncing?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would do something like this: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgVEPtcaHQ02nakF...EhkRg?e=NPPD8G

It's similar to what Vilhjalmr describes, without the flags and ordering the object to be in front or behind the obstacle.

(I put in proper graphics so it's a 2mb file and therefore I can't upload it directly here.)

Edit: Also note for the order of objects to work the hot spot for the pedestal is set at the bottom of the pedestal.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I meant, round hit boxes seem to neutralize the bouncing a bit.

hitBoxes.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually already had thought about a method that would work, but if I made it work like that I would've had to change a lot of things about how my player character worked, so I wanted to know if there was a way of making these collisions exactly how I wanted without changing too much about how the player object worked before having to break everything apart, but the examples given weren't exactly what I wanted, so I had to take the "break everything to rebuild it" approach, but took some things from the examples that would work:

The way I though of was making the collision box at the feet the player object, that way when it collides with the obstacle's collision box the player will stop how it's supposed to, and now thanks to "The Y position determines the order in which the objects are rendered" not only now each obstacle needs only one object: the collision box, but it also needs very few lines of code to work!

Now I just have to update everything in my game to work according to this new system

I love these forums, thank you so much for helping!

Also, here's the mfa file of the collisions working properly in case anyone else has the same problem as me in the future collisionfinal.mfa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2