User Tag List

Thread: DDR Styled Combat Help

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question DDR Styled Combat Help

So I have all sorts of questions I need to ask. So here is what I got so far.

c8c2128b8d42e247efae989a04821ea9351028d1.png

I'm trying to figure out:

1. How to make the arrows reappear each turn during combat (Currently they are set to invisible for the beginning and should appear when you hit evade)
    2. How to have a turn order set up (Click evade, arrows go through, break before hitting evade, items, or abscond)
    3. How to make the colored in arrows (which not present in image) to move up and be random position each turn. Sorta like DDR (Dance Dance Revolution).
    4. How to start the combat by pressing Evade.
    5. Creating damaging arrows that upon being hit in place, damage the enemy.
    6. When you miss an arrow, your the one who gets damaged.

I think that's it for now. I'm sure if I have more questions I'll put them down.

I've been looking at tutorials but I can't seem to wrap my head around how certain things are done.

So far I've been using counters and strings.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressy View Post

1. How to make the arrows reappear each turn during combat (Currently they are set to invisible for the beginning and should appear when you hit evade)
    It depends on your event - if it's a mouse click - then make the arrows reappear when the mouse is clicked - if it's the end of an animation - make them appear when the animation is over

2. How to have a turn order set up (Click evade, arrows go through, break before hitting evade, items, or abscond)
    You can set these up in a group so you have a group for player 1 and once the events in the group have run through, deactivate the group for player 1 and activate the group for player 2 etc.

3. How to make the colored in arrows (which not present in image) to move up and be random position each turn. Sorta like DDR (Dance Dance Revolution).
    I don't know that game. But you an select 1 arrow and set it to a random x and y position and set the other arrows relative to it. Make sure the range you select for the random x and y position leaves enough space for the other arrows.

4. How to start the combat by pressing Evade.
    Place your combat in a group - when user clicks Evade - activate that group.
    If your combat is a single line - you can also use a loop instead - i.e. user clicks on Evade - start loop...

5. Creating damaging arrows that upon being hit in place, damage the enemy.
    The enemy would have a value health and once the arrows are hit subtract x from their health. But I'm not sure what you're asking here.

6. When you miss an arrow, your the one who gets damaged.
    So what's the arrow doing? Moving? If it leaves the screen you can deduct X from the player - but now this gets complicated because you have turns as per question 2 - so you would have to leave it on that player's turn until all arrows have left the screen.

So far I've been using counters and strings.
    Use global values, alterable values instead - counters use more memory.

It would be easier if you uploaded a .mfa and commented in it what you want to achieve and where - that way we can change it in your .mfa for you, rather than trying to explain. (Click on the button - Go Advanced - then Manage Attachments or the paperclip)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will note this! Thank you so much I will give it a try!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Norcrest.mfa

Okay I figured out how to attached files sorry it took so long!

But I seem to also be having trouble making my pause menu be able to select between options within the menu itself. Like for say, I pause the game and I want to get into options from the pause menu. Well it doesn't seem to move unless I unpause and move the character itself in under Trial.

As you can see I'm working on an rpg. So keyboard controls are my most wanted controls than mouse clicking. I've read it's hard to do an rpg inside ClickTeam Fusion but I want to try. Especially with the combat system I have set up. I could do unity, but for some awful reason visual studios doesn't want to work for coding on this computer and gamemaker studio I just have trouble with over all. But thats enough of me rambling, I'm asking for more help.

But hey! I got rid of the counters and did some value stuff so thats an increase of learning.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressy View Post

But I seem to also be having trouble making my pause menu be able to select between options within the menu itself. Like for say, I pause the game and I want to get into options from the pause menu. Well it doesn't seem to move unless I unpause and move the character itself in under Trial.
    I've created a pause function for you - its done by activating and deactivating groups. Fusions built-in pause is a "dead" pause. Nothing will happen while the game is paused. If you want a pop-up or a menu then you have to pause the game by activating and deactivating groups. You also have to stop any objects that are moving / animating yourself - and restart them. I've included that in the example.

As you can see I'm working on an rpg. So keyboard controls are my most wanted controls than mouse clicking. I've read it's hard to do an rpg inside ClickTeam Fusion but I want to try.
    No, that's not true - you can easily do that in Fusion. The person doing it probably just wasn't familiar with Clickteam Fusion and it does have a bit of a learning curve. Just ask when you need help.

The keyboard controls you can remap if you don't like the arrow keys, you can also manually adjust them. Click on the Game Name - Click on the Red arrow (Runtime Options) - scroll down to Default Controls - click Edit.

In my games I use both AWSD and the arrow keys - non-indie game players hate AWSD - and indie game players love AWSD - so I've put both in and the player can press either. I also worked with a partner on a particular game that was left-handed, and I'm right-handed so together we made sure that every key press had an equivalent on the left side of the keyboard and the right side of the keyboard and they're coded together so the player doesn't have to remap the keys - they can just press whatever key they're comfortable with. All of this is very easy to do in Clickteam Fusion.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thank you for being so patient with me and helping me out with this! I really appreciate it! I'll keep at it to make this RPG! :^)

I'll keep that in mind about the AWSD and Arrow Keys! It would certainly be a good add on for it. I'll be back with more questions if I stumble again!