User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Render artifacts on newer graphics cards due to Layer object or layer shaders

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Render artifacts on newer graphics cards due to Layer object or layer shaders

I just got a new graphics card and started noticing this: render.jpg

At first I thought it was because of the photoshop effects and the light "hole", but then I turned off some events with the layer object changing the background RGB coefficient and the problem stopped. I tried putting a simple mask (black, semitransparent) on those layers in order to reproduce the darkening effect I had with the RGB coeff, but the bug came back.

Apparently my friend told me about this a few months ago but I thought it was just a problem with his setup or something. I've had several friends test out the build yesterday and it seems that anything newer than a GTX 1060 has this problem, although it manifests in slightly different ways. One person had more perfectly square artifacts, one had more of a stripe pattern.

short.jpg

I thought gif's animated here. Am I doing it wrong?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm slightly surprised no one has had a similar experience. Anyone?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only when my card died.

Try changing your settings in the Nvidia control panel

or sync/buffer settiings in fusion
    Attachment 29300

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, I've never seen that sort of problem before and I've gone through a work PC every two years and several brands.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fnkycoldmadeanr View Post
    Only when my card died.

Try changing your settings in the Nvidia control panel

or sync/buffer settiings in fusion
    Attachment 29300
    What do you mean sync/buffer settings? Your attachment seems invalid

Also, what settings could be causing the problem in Nvidia?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipSwitchX View Post
    I thought gif's animated here. Am I doing it wrong?
    You need to upload your gifs to a place like giphy.com and then embed the gif with IMG tags around it. It's good to do this with JPGs too (upload to imgur) , as it shows them at full size, rather than those tiny thumbnails that you have to click on.

By sync/buffer settings, fnkycoldmadeanr means these (you might want to test dx9 vs dx11 too):

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm punching in the dark as I have an old AMD GPU atm
    Try
    https://www.nvidia.com/content/Contr..._RGB_range.htm
    or buffer/cache/sync optimisations

Vols image is the same as what I posted

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I tried turning off v sync and I tried more buffers as mine was set to 2. I tried changing color mode in Nvidia as well but nothing has worked.

There is a work-around by scaling semi-alpha black objects over each background layer but it isn't perfect and would be unwieldy with more intricate backgrounds. It's unfortunate that upgrading my system has led to this but others have also experienced it, so I think it's something with the runtime ...

Clicker

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What directX are you using?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast