User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will Fusion ever get tweening or onion skinning?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will Fusion ever get tweening or onion skinning?

Im curious if the animation editor will support in app inbetweening / tweening / onion skinning at some point in time, i.e. tweening on the fly? The idea would be less frames, smaller files and smoother animations. Just a question.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Onion skinning is already in the animation editor click the arrows near the bottom scroll bar

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, thanks fnkycold... i see that onion skinner slider bar now. Never paid any attention to it, ha. I'll start using it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Since Fusion uses bitmaps and not vectors for its images it is very unlikely that it'll have tweening support any time soon. However you could look into interpolating your animations through external 3rd party means like Dain-app: https://grisk.itch.io/dain-app

I haven't used it myself but it seems to get fairly smooth results. Remember though, you can make really good animations with just a few carefully crafted frames

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fusion doesn't have onion-skinning, unless there's an option somewhere I'm not seeing. Onion skinning involves being able to see multiple frames at once (ie. as if drawn on thin, translucent 'onion skins' that are superimposed), so you can better judge the smoothness and pacing of an animation. Usually, frames in the past are shown in red, while frames in the future are shown in green, like this:

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OnionSkinning.png
    Not multiple but previous or next frame @Volnaiskra

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh wow - I had no idea! I always thought that little scrollbar was used for moving through frames. Good to know!

Looks like it can show you just one extra frame at a time. That would definitely have its uses - especially with lining things up - though it's still a bit limited. One of the benefits of onion skins is being able to see - with your mind's eye - the arcs of your animation, as well as its pacing. So in the example above, the woman's arm moves in a simple and graceful arc (arcs almost always look best in animations), which would have been much harder for the animator to achieve without onion skinning. Also, just by looking at all those red/green frames at once, you can see the pacing: the arm starts off slowly down the bottom, then speeds up, then begins to slightly slow down again as it moves towards her face (meanwhile, the wrist lags behind the arm until it quickly snaps back in the final 6 or so frames). By seeing these many layers as you work, it's a lot easier to keep your pacing working as inteded.

By the way @twister , have you seen the Spriter Pro tool on the clickstore? I've never tried it, but it seems like it would give you onion-skinning, tweening, and more: https://clickstore.clickteam.com/spriter_pro

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I have Spriter Pro and I don't think it does either onion nor tweening. I searched the help file with no results. I do use an older version of Fireworks by Adobe which has both, but it has its complications. I haven't tried Dain-app but I'll look into it.

One of my thoughts would be for the game engines and html5 to tween within the app. A built in tweening where it'll add inbetween frames for a smother play during runtime. Perhaps an option within the animation editor to add a set number of frames morphing between each frame. Might be a wish.

Thanks for the info, suggestions and comments

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spriter Pro has onion-skinning and tweening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlw4JSS45EE
    Spriter extension has integration of tweening in CF2.5.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I have release #5. I just downloaded r11 which means I need to stay more aware, and activate the Spriter pro version.

Edit: I updated Spriter to r11 and activated it and downloaded lasted pdf manual. I still can't find any info about tweening and onion skinning. I'll watch the vid later - thanks
    @conceptgame , Where can I find that extension for CF2.5? I didn't find it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast