User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trojan- Spy.Win32.KeyLogger.gen on Steam?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trojan- Spy.Win32.KeyLogger.gen on Steam?

Hi,
    Probabily Is a false positive, but one of my user on Steam has had this alert by anti-virus Kaspersky with two of my games.
    I uploaded on Steam only the .exe files (I using very basic plugin "xbox object" "Fullscreen object" ".INI" "Steam Object"). Maybe can be a problem about the creation of .INI files?

Thanks in advance

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're not alone, we all have this issue since weeks, we're waiting a fix from Clickteam.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my clients has been losing a lot of customers because of this. I'm wondering if I should try to rollback to an older version?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another user have the same problem with Zonealarm.
    Please, any solution?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried the latest beta version? It’s just been released: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/107988-Build-292-27-Beta-version

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    You're not alone, we all have this issue since weeks, we're waiting a fix from Clickteam.
    A fix from Clickteam?? A fix would mean the problem is in Fusion. No, the problem is in the anti-virus programs that have incorrect virus definitions that randomly flag other programs. This issue happens all the time, not only with Fusion. Files have been submitted to them for them to fix it, but it can take time before they do it.

Instead of blaming us, when one of your users report a problem with an anti-virus program, just submit your application as false positive to the concerned anti-virus company, they all have public pages for this, this will speed up the process.

In this specific case I spent days trying to understand why they could report false positive for such a different files as the really harmless Layer object or the File object and luckily I've found a specific build setting inherited from old VS projects conversions that I could remove, this fixed it. This setting was probably also used by some malware and some anti-virus programs (that are not as clever as people think) just detected it in Fusion apps. But this could happen again, so next time submit your application to the anti-virus reported by the user please. Thanks.

EDIT: on a personal note, I recommend people to use ESET NOD32, I never get any false positive with this anti-virus program.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    A fix from Clickteam?? A fix would mean the problem is in Fusion. No, the problem is in the anti-virus programs that have incorrect virus definitions that randomly flag other programs. This issue happens all the time, not only with Fusion. Files have been submitted to them for them to fix it, but it can take time before they do it.

Instead of blaming us, when one of your users report a problem with an anti-virus program, just submit your application as false positive to the concerned anti-virus company, they all have public pages for this, this will speed up the process.

In this specific case I spent days trying to understand why they could report false positive for such a different files as the really harmless Layer object or the File object and luckily I've found a specific build setting inherited from old VS projects conversions that I could remove, this fixed it. This setting was probably also used by some malware and some anti-virus programs (that are not as clever as people think) just detected it in Fusion apps. But this could happen again, so next time submit your application to the anti-virus reported by the user please. Thanks.

EDIT: on a personal note, I recommend people to use ESET NOD32, I never get any false positive with this anti-virus program.
    From the moment the problem appeared from the last build when it was working before, for me the problem came from Clickteam, but if it's not the case, great, glad you could find a way to fix it.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    From the moment the problem appeared from the last build when it was working before, for me the problem came from Clickteam, but if it's not the case, great, glad you could find a way to fix it.
    Of course it's not the case, you have to understand how anti-virus programs work: they use virus definition files that contain malware signatures. A malware signature is composed of chunks of bytes. If the anti-virus program finds those chunks in a program, it reports it as malware, or possible malware. They keep adding signatures everyday to their virus definition files, to counter attack the new viruses that appear every day. If a signature is weak and the anti-virus program is not protected against this (= for example if their test database is not large enough), this will trigger false positives to safe programs that are not malware at all, and may have been released for a long time.

Clicker

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok my bad then, and thanks for your awesome job!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys for the answers,
    So our only option is waiting and hope that will fix by the antivirus?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast