User Tag List

Thread: Mondrian - Plastic Reality Releasing TODAY on Steam, now with Razer Chroma RGB!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mondrian - Plastic Reality Releasing TODAY on Steam, now with Razer Chroma RGB!

mondrianPR_227.jpg

Hellooooo fellow Clickers! Okay, I can tell you have a lot of questions already. I will sum up:
    • Mondrian - Plastic Reality is the sequel to Abstraction in Beauty, which launched on Steam five years ago today. This time around we're focused squarely on modern art history, player creativity, and just a mind-blowing good time.
    • The included Mondrian Maker level editor does indeed have Steam Workshop support!
    • Instead of just 12 levels, we're launching with 100 levels as a way of demonstrating the power of Mondrian Maker. All of these are playable in the classic Quick Play modes: Endless, Gem Hunt, and Arcade
    • You can now spend your Gems to build your Museum, a customizable hub world which you can decorate and use to access the levels of the game's episodic story in Adventure Mode. One new episode per month!
    • Load times are about 200x faster than the original game thanks to switching over to Arrays from... integrating levels directly into the code. Don't look at me like that, it was a different time.

20200906_183132.jpg

Alright. The elephant in the room. Razer Chroma. Yes, this is real. Since April I've been working directly with Tim at Razer to get a Chroma RGB extension up and running. I've helped get it into as Fusion-standard operation as possible, but Tim really did the heavy lifting on this and should get all the kudos. The extension should be up on the Clickstore either today or very soon, if all goes according to plan. You will need Standard version of Fusion 2.5 or above (Developer/+ fully compatible), Razer Synpase installed, and a device or two and/or their emulator. The easiest function to use is Static Color, which will apply a single RGB value across every zone. In Mondrian's case we used an animation to literally set each individual zone to a random RGB value based on the internal color wheel system we have going, so your devices will always match the level you're playing. There's nothing stopping you from using Chroma in a more reactive fashion, though, and all animation calls work as they do in any other engine. Who else is waiting for animatronic footsteps in FNAF to send out ripples across your keyboard?!?!?!?! Paging Doctor Cawthon.

Overall this has been a three and a half year labor of love and the end result is very likely one of the heaviest uses of Clickteam Fusion out there, from a massive amount of included content to user generated content compatibility to Razer Chroma RGB compatibility. Even with incoming requisite bug fixes and monthly story updates on the way, I couldn't be prouder of the results or more thankful to the Clickteam crew for making such an amazing, powerful, and easy-to-use engine.

See you on Steam in an hour!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting thing you have there, sadly no one commented it yet. So I'll be the first. Impressive work.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PixelABCD View Post
    Interesting thing you have there, sadly no one commented it yet.
    Yeah I'm starting to wonder whose dog I ran over. I don't even have a car.

But thank you! Been slow to catch on but every journey starts with a single step, and we have some exciting things for the next few episodes and updates already lined up and in development. It'll be a slow journey to be sure, but one that'll be worth it in the long run.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool stuff, the animation is very fluid and overall effects very well polished. Congrats

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenSails View Post
    cool stuff, the animation is very fluid and overall effects very well polished. Congrats
    Thanks so much! Paid a ton of attention to details like fluidity this time around, even going so far as to add minor zoomie trail effects to the ball and paddle just for the sake of adding directionality to screenshots. Really hope it was all enough but keep feeling like it wasn't. My own worst critic.