User Tag List

Thread: Clickteam Fusion itself recognized by Windows as a Virus?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clickteam Fusion itself recognized by Windows as a Virus?

So I was just trying to build my game to exe.. it exported successfully, then I tried to launch the .exe and I got a virus warning. So I tried to build a new version, but now Windows had actually quarantined a key part of the Fusion software stdrtdex.exe which meant I could no longer export any .exe files at all. I managed to restore that so I could export another .exe, but I'm not sure for how long my system will allow it!

I don't have a third party virus scanner software, all I have is the default Windows Defender.. and there is now no way for me to run any Fusion games that I export, not even a blank application with no extensions etc. I created a blank application, tried to run it, it was then quarantined by Windows.

Is this an actual trojan virus on my system, or one of these false positives? If it's a false positive.. what can I possibly do to stop Windows from "keeping me safe" ?

This is the message I get when I attempt to run ANYTHING I export from Fusion, even a blank application

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It's a false positive. We saw this still happens with MS Defender for the build 292.27 even though on virustotal MS Defender no longer says anything about it. Waiting for MS to fix it in their virus definitions.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Yves, I'll just try to ignore it for now, perhaps roll back to an earlier version if I need to build an .exe in the meantime.

By the way, is there somewhere I can download specific previous versions? I'm out of the loop.. I don't even know where to go download the Fusion 2.5 developer installer ��

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You can download it from the Community Passport if you've registered your serial. You can also find the most recent update patches in the Product Owners Lounge / Clickteam Fusion 2.5 sub-forum ("Download links" post). PS: this concerns only the stand-alone version of Fusion, not the Steam version.