User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is ctf mac os version working with catalina ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not as far as I know - everything's bundled together in the Application.cci file

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's interesting to hear it runs fine in CrossOver. It looks like CrossOver is also the way to go with the new M1 Macs since other VM solutions are still in the coming soon to M1 phase, where it seems CrosOver is already able to run on those machines. How has your expierance been with it so far AND? I see it's rated 5 stars for compatability over there but just wanted a 1st had testemony before I dive in. Have still been using Mojave to this point.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Cobra, I tried out CrossOver in the beginning, but now I have a much better experience with Parallels. CrossOver seemed to be working fine at first, but then CTF started randomly crashing out. I don't know if it was because of an update to Big Sur or whether it happened because I was opening and closing lots of individual projects to make changes one after the other. It was fine when I was working for long periods on one project but, every now and then, after quickly updating a few projects CTF would suddenly disappear and I'd have to reopen it again. Added to the fact that you can't use the Android exporter in Crossover, I've finally settled with Parallels and a Windows 10 VM where everything is stable.

I know you can get VMware Fusion free now and I have tried it, but Parallels works so much better in my opinion. You could try the demo of Parallels and the free VMware Fusion for yourself. I didn't like the idea of subscribing to Parallels, but you can get a permanent licence for just $20 more and if you Google for Parallels coupons you can usually find offers for 10%, 15% or 20% off. So I got a permanent licence to Parallels Desktop 16 for roughly the same price as a one year subscription. The option for a permanent licence is hidden away from the main purchase screen, but if you click 'buy now' after choosing the $79.99 Parallels Desktop license, the next screen gives you the option to buy the 1-Time Purchase version and you can add your coupon there. They always have a countdown popup with their own 10% discount if you buy it within the next 10 minutes, but in reality you have as long as you want to claim the 10% discount if you refresh the page or if you close the page and come back to it another time!

I know Parallels isn't ready for the M1 computers yet, but it will be. https://www.parallels.com/blogs/para...e-silicon-mac/

In this thread Yves said that the CF 2.5 Mac exporter will be compatible with M1 Mac's soon https://community.clickteam.com/threads/108163-Will-Fusion-be-compatible-with-new-M1-Mac-s but until then I'm very happy with my Parallels workflow on my intel Mac mini

Just a couple of things about Parallels. The Windows virtual machine needs to be installed on an SSD drive to get the best experience - it's very sluggish if you use a mechanical drive. Also Parallels randomly suspends on Big Sur unless you disable metal hardware acceleration https://forum.parallels.com/threads/...ending.351389/, then it's perfectly fine.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one week into my free trial on Crossover. running Big Sur on my macbook pro. I have Fusion developer with the plus dlc and html exporter installed in a win 7 bottle. I really like the idea of not having to run windows to run windows apps. So far everything is running fine, ive opened many of my older projects i made on PC and they all run on mac in the editor run frame or run application. Html exporter works fine and the test build html works great also.
    No issues with CT crashing or freezing. Its crazy how fast it starts.

I also installed steam as a test and ran my fusion developer with all the extra dlcs installed just to see if it worked. Steam has never run as fast for me as it has on crossover without win 10 .

Im not using my IOs exporters or android exporters on mac as i have desktop pcs for that. I Read up on parallels today after seeing this thread. Very interesting as im still new to running Fusion on mac.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was using CrossOver for several weeks and it was working really great - blazingly fast like c4t said. It could be it only crashes when opening and closing lots of projects one after the other - perhaps a memory problem. As I said, I never had a problem with CrossOver when I was working for long periods of time on one project. The problem also started after I installed the Flash exporter - that might have possibly have caused something - or the Big Sur update. (I had the iOS, Android, HTML5, SWF exporters installed).

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will give Parallels a tryout im interested to see how it runs Win10 Pro and if it affects heat much on macbook 2015 model.
    boot camp with win10 on its own partition was a battery and heat mess. 3.5 to 4 hrs battery on win10 compared to 7hrs on mac os.

Tip for op, Current version of Fusion for Apple os needs Mojavi as its the last Apple Os to run 32bit apps. Another option is to run Mojavi on bootcamp. Mojavi runs great on 2015 hardware.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did use Parallels for a while, and it did run well. The thing that put me off of it was every time there was a new OS it seemed to break something and it didn't get fixed in the current version, you'd have to buy the next version for the fix. I eventually got sick of that so changed over to VirtualBox, which wasn't as good, but is free and continued to use it for Fusion until we got the official Wine powered port from ClickTeam.

VirtualBox doesn't sound like it'll be able to run on M1 machines for a while if ever, so Parallels is certainly an option I'm considereing. I used CrossOver once upon a time but it says it's a lot easier to use these days, so it does have me curious and seems like I direct followon from running Fusion in Wine. It's good to know whichever option I go with sounds like a solid one from what both of you have described as I normally only work on one game at a time in Fusion anyway.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, VMware Fusion 12 Player is completely free and totally functional now https://www.vmware.com/products/fusi...valuation.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looked promising for CrossOver, everything seemed to be running smoothly... but then when I opened a larger project the editor just turns black, and I can see anything.
    Did anyone else get this or know of a way around this? I've attached a screenshot of this happening.

Nevermind, I think I found the solution. I had to untick Use Direct3D in editor for Direct3D applications under Frame Editor of Fusion's Preferences.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uncheck... Use Direct3D in editor for Direct3D applications.
    The setting is in the Frame editor tab in Prefferences.

restart fusion after that and it will work.

I use Crossover and have made exactly the same errors in install too. All the info is in the Codeweavers help, i found after i installed it all wrong.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast