User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: make instructions go away

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

make instructions go away

how do i make the text go away after the player has beaten the level? like for example in the lvl frame there are instructions on how to play the game, and in the cutscene frame theres an instruction on what button to press. how do i make these go away after the player reached 300 points? this is the last thing i need in my game and im finished. thanks!

Attachment 29457

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set a global value.

Global Value Text = 0 display the text - create the text or make it visible.

Global Value Text = 1 don't display the text -destroy it or make it invisible.

When score >= 300 - Set Global Value Text = 1

If a player has beaten a level - Set Global Value Text = 1

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i tried it but it didnt really work. im sure if i did it right Attachment 29458

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On line 8 you are retrieving the values from the ini files into counter objects.

On line 12 you're testing against a global value that isn't used / set - so that global value is always going to be zero.

You would have to either change line 8 to retrieve the values from the ini file into global values

or

Change line 12 to read from the counter like this:

* ScoreOne Counter >= 300
    Special : Set Global Value Text to 1

or

on frame 2 lvl - line 105 where you set score >= 300 - you can also insert there
    Set Global Value Text = 1
    It's not a good idea to read / write from ini files in Always or repeating events - they will slow your game down. Place them in events that only run once like End of Frame or Start of Frame events.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 adding setting the global value text = 1 in line 105 worked but only if the game is opened, once closed it goes back until you get 300 again. i also tried the score counter but it didnt work either

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I changed the score counter - it worked for me - attached. (Frame 1 - line 11)

But you can only test it once, because after that the score is saved in the ini file and will always be true i.e. the instructions won't be there again.

To test it a second time, delete the ini file - or name it something else.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 i added an option to reset the score (press E), and for line 11 i changed it to ScoreOne (Global Value not the Counter) >= 300 and after getting 300 points it gets rid of the instructions so it does work, but the problem is the Global Value Controls doesnt save and it resets itself to 0 every time you start the game. how do i save it? oh, and in the lvl frame i moved lines 107 - 108 to lines 19 - 20.

Attachment 29479

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You weren't loading the values into Global Value ScoreOne - but you were testing against that global value.

I added in a line to load the Score into the global value ScoreOne- and just re-arranged - line 8.

This way you don't have to save the Global Value Controls because it will be set based on the ScoreOne value.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 in the lvl frame, when i press esc during the game it resets the score to 0, even though i had 300. what could cause that?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're only saving the score when the person has won the game. If they lose or quit the game then the score isn't saved - they start over.

If you want to change that - then insert this - at the end of your frame (line 110) - that way the score will always be saved whether they win or lose.

* End of Frame
    Ini : Set value ScoreOne to item "PreScore" in group "Score"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast