User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Black screen with android build?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black screen with android build?

I'm converting an extension and shader heavy game over to android, and the first thing I got when I ran the apk was a black screen. There's still a few extensions that need removing, but I'm not sure what would cause nothing but a black screen with no sound to appear? I'm not sure if I can get a log out of what's going on, but there's not a lot to go on to try and figure out what's gone wrong.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote from the help file:

The graphic engine of the Android runtime is hardware accelerated, it supports some of the HWA features of Clickteam Fusion 2.5, including the Blending and RGB coefficients. It doesn't support shaders, layer effect or frame effects.

There's a slight delay for sound to appear on Android as it has to load first. If you start it on Frame 1, start of frame, it might skip, since by that point the sound won't be loaded yet and then Fusion just skips it. You need to start your sound after a second or a split second, not directly on Start of Frame.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I did build an apk a few years back that had some extensions that weren't supported, but it still worked (they just didn't do the extension stuff). I've tried clearing out any shaders that might take over the screen, but a black screen just seems like the whole thing isn't working. The device I'm using is old and running 6.0.1, and my minimum version is 6.0, so it should work?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should work. If it's not supported it won't install i.e. if your minimum build is higher than your device's - it refuses to install.

Things to try:

1. Build a blank .apk with just a single frame and see if that works on your device.
    2. Insert a blank frame with some nonsense in it - like just a string object - and jump to that frame on start of frame on this .apk you're working with and see if that frame will display correctly.
    3. Tick or untick the button - Require GPU under Android options and see if that makes a difference.

Also make sure Google Play and Protect is turned off - that will also block you from installing / running it.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a while it says "Application isn't responding, do you want to close it?", so I guess it's crashed?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be an infinite loop.

If you want you can send me the .apk (pm me a link) and I can test it on my phone and run a log report which will tell you where or what's going wrong.

But you would probably have to remove the shaders, effects and incompatible extensions to make your app run.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that would be super useful! I was impressed how Fusion once built an APK with a load of unsupported extensions that still worked fine, but maybe there's one of two now that it doesn't like

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Can you share the list of extensions from your mfa and also a logcat from this device when running to check?, thanks in advance.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I extracted the parts relating to the MMF Runtime and it is here: https://1drv.ms/t/s!AgVEPtcaHQ02na1B...6c_bA?e=hDNLXf

It gives a list of extensions used and excluded at line 115 (if you open it in Notepad ++ that will give you line numbers.)

The crash is at line 1575 - Array index out of bounds.

On my phone this happened: The file opens - switches to landscape, the navigation bar remains visible, the music starts, the screen stays black.
    • First try it closed the app and stopped the music. (Sent the app to the background.)
    • Second try it closed the app and indicated there was a crash.
    • Third try it closed the app but failed to stop the music. (Sent the app to the background.)

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janette5 View Post
    I extracted the parts relating to the MMF Runtime and it is here: https://1drv.ms/t/s!AgVEPtcaHQ02na1B...6c_bA?e=hDNLXf

It gives a list of extensions used and excluded at line 115 (if you open it in Notepad ++ that will give you line numbers.)

The crash is at line 1575 - Array index out of bounds.

On my phone this happened: The file opens - switches to landscape, the navigation bar remains visible, the music starts, the screen stays black.
    • First try it closed the app and stopped the music. (Sent the app to the background.)
    • Second try it closed the app and indicated there was a crash.
    • Third try it closed the app but failed to stop the music. (Sent the app to the background.)
    Thanks so much! Looks like it's because of the music?

By the way, how did you get logs on your phone like this? I can't recall if it's in your android set-up guide?
    Images attachées Images attachées

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast