User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Virus scanners are right back to detecting Fusion-made EXEs as viruses already

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my stars - these anti virus companies are full of nonsense.

I've been checking Norton every other day and it was fine. Today it's back to what it was doing with 292.27 - deleting .exe as soon as it was created:

Threat type: Heuristic Virus. Detection of a threat based on malware heuristics.

I've removed the file from quarantine so that it will update to Norton.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    full of nonsense
    Talking about nonsense, yesterday I test a Fusion app, this one was flagged by 26 AVs. After removing a couple of useless things from the EXE's resources, it got flagged only by 6. Same code, 20 AVs are now happy because I just removed a dialog box and a resource string... Are they scared a resource dialog box can contain a Trojan or a Key Logger? lol... And after removing another useless resource I got another different set of detections. Go figure...

Finalizing the new build and runtime. Will be released next week, hopefully less prone to incorrect detections.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now even the clickteam website is suffering from the fake virus warnings >_<

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    By the error it looks like the site's certification expired or something. But I don't get that warning anymore so I guess they just fixed it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How's things going with the AV issues currently? I still get a "hang on, let's check this..." with AVast when I run my latest builds from Steam using the old pre-AV warnings version, but that old version doesn't trigger any actual virus warnings, just a "you're good to go!" once it's scanned. I'm thinking of upgrading to the very recent version to try and minimise any warnings at all, but I had to downgrade last time and it was incredibly difficult to do.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was about to patch my Steam game and the new build set off 15 false flags. (Latest build) I am really not prepared for another week of online chats and email chasing to get it whitelisted. I would sign my .exes if I could but at the moment I am financially unable to do so. It's incredibly frustrating.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yes, very frustrating, I work on this exclusively for weeks, I would rather work on improving the engine. We're about to release the next build. We made lot of changes to try to avoid those false detections. Maybe later today or tomorrow. There is a still a Chinese anti-virus that reports a false detection, this is surprising given the number of changes we did so I'm checking if we have to change something else.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    PS: I was looking for posts about the MS Wacatac alert, and I saw this interesting thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...b-cdc54e1c03c3

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interesting read Yves. Comments are interesting too. The part about the frequency of updates and giving time for many downloads to register with the anti virus vendors is something i have mentioned via support ticket and also on clickteam Discord. Cant remember my exact words but it was buried in the stupid on discord. The support ticket reply was nice but i think th point was i was trying to make was missed a little. I had mentioned maybe hold back on adding all the extra things people are asking for. I meant by that thins Like new search boxes and ways to find things more easy or any extra functions that are not already in the engine. Make the development focus on bugs only and slow down the releases to give time to let those dls happen and the anti virus vendors catch up.
    Any extra time gained by not adding in the extra stuff can then be used to work on F3.

Oh look out he mentioned F3 ummm. Well its all many of us really want. Im happy to say i want his more than any new feature for F2.5 Ive asked Santa for a 64bit version of F3. I think hes working real hard on already so im not going to be upset when it dont arrive. I will hope for it by end of 2021. Until then love you all clickteam for making my favorite engine. Even though its old and like a sack of angry cats some times i love it more than all the others we cant mention. . Thankyou all clickteam.

tldr

less new features
    fix only bugs
    slow down the update frequency
    I love Clickteam Fusion above all others.

I do not recommend putting many cats in a sack. (that is a joke and a bad one at that)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Yes, very frustrating, I work on this exclusively for weeks, I would rather work on improving the engine.
    Really appreciate all of the hard work, it's not something you should even be having to deal with, the AV developers should be able to figure it out for themselves preferably. I mean, what if every AV in the world suddenly started flagging Unity or Unreal games?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast