User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Build 292.28 - Beta version

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I can see - there's something in the .tmp files when the .exe is unpacking that Norton's objecting to - it's deleting the main .exe because it's the source of the .tmp files

Each one from a separate .exe was removed by Norton along with the .exe

mrt53ff.tmp
    mrt572a.tmp
    mrtf59a.tmp

Those 2 Fusion files it deleted - do I still need those?

scrrt.exe & stdrtd.exe

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    scrrt.exe is the runtime for Windows screen savers, stdrtd.exe is the runtime for stand-alone applications for 2.5 (for 2.5+ it's scrrtex.exe and stdrtdex.exe, so if you use 2.5+ you don't need scrrt.exe and stdrtd.exe).

The mrtxxx.tmp directories are temp directories that are created when the application starts, the runtime extract some files to these folders (DLLs, extensions, external files, etc).

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks chrilly.

Marv

Quote Originally Posted by chrilley View Post
    If you have Chrome like I do then it has apparently decided to block downloads from here. However if you right-click the link and pick "Save link as..." You will see a download at the bottom of the window trying to start then be immediately blocked. If you click on it and pick "Keep" you will bypass this and the download will begin.
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of curiosity, why was the "Compress runtime" option removed?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian_Wheel View Post
    Out of curiosity, why was the "Compress runtime" option removed?
    It was just saving about 500 Kb in the EXE and was responsible for some false positives from some anti-virus programs. It was OFF by default for a long time, so it was not used anymore by anyone. It was an interesting option in the old times when size and download times were a problem, nowadays it's not important.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I retested trying to run .exe and had the same issue with Norton. I contacted Norton Support and asked them what to do about their false positives.

They gave me a url to upload the detection and where I can track their progress. It will take 48 hours... I'll let you know if anything comes from this.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    OK thank you! I've also tested Fusion EXEs with their free detection tool and it didn't say anything, so probably the problem is in their heuristic engine tries to guess if a file can be dangerous. It's a bit short they kill the program and don't give you a simple warning.

I'm doing other changes in the runtime, just in case...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I download the 292.28 beta for Dev version, Chrome kicks it out and I had to manually right-click and save file, then choose "Keep." Then, Windows Defender tried to flag the installer as a trojan. I know that's not the case, but that's the first time I've ever had a Fusion installer have any pushback.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Probably we should submit MS Defender as new virus to Microsoft...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ran a comparison of my latest demo build on VirusTotal from 292.26 vs 292.28 of the same build and got 8 false positives vs 1 false positive, respectively. My demo's build went from 354mb to 431mb. Could that be the "compress runtime" difference?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast