User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: bug(?): Fusion sometimes ignores events with non-existent objects

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads-up about "^" Yves.

Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    i had this issue too, took me a while to figure it out especially since i was using a qualifer which seemed to confuse it even more. For some events i could change them but for other more nested ones (which i deemed to be too much of a hassle to fix to be worth it) i create the needed objects in a dead zone on the level (usually a corner) and and then delete them.
    What do you mean you created them and then delete them? Do you mean you used a "destroy" action on them, but your code still worked after they were destroyed? Because that's not what happens to me. In the following example, the red object stops spinning as soon as I hit DEL (destroying the object), and only starts spinning again when I press INS (creating a new one):

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post

What do you mean you created them and then delete them? Do you mean you used a "destroy" action on them, but your code still worked after they were destroyed? Because that's not what happens to me. In the following example, the red object stops spinning as soon as I hit DEL (destroying the object), and only starts spinning again when I press INS (creating a new one):

Controlling the spin with flags set on the spinner will keep the movement after the overlapped object is deleted.

in the above example the first line will become three lines:

if objects overlapping
    + set flag ON (on spinner)
    X if objects overlapping
    + set flag OFF (on spinner)
    flag (on spinner) is OFF
    + set angles (on spinner)

edited to add: nevermind ~ I see this is what you are doing with all those for each loops in the real code example. Everything gets very complicated when we have multiple objects. I'm glad you posted this. I learning new stuff every day.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post

Appologies Vol, I mistook my own code since it was a while ago i made it. You are correct.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    .....The workarounds are: either copy the object to the frame (or an empty object with the same type and name) and unselect it's "create at start" option....
    Yves, could you please confirm this point? As I detailed in this post on the previous page (and also in the short example I screenshotted at the top of this page), this doesn't appear to be correct. Fusion seems to ignore events if there aren't live instances of the objects in-frame at that moment. Simply destroying the last remaining live instance is enough to stop an event from firing. So building the frame with zero instances of an object (by unselecting "create at start") doesn't help.

I'm wondering if it used to work the way you describe (and therefore maybe this is a new bug), or else if I've misunderstood you, or I'm missing something else. Thanks.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not saying there is, but if there is some kind of bug associated with this, it would have to be a very old bug. The dummy objects I keep off to the side of my frame to prevent this problem have been there since the very early prototype versions of my project going all the way back to at least 2009. If it ever behaved differently than it does now, it would surely have to have been even longer ago than that.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tek View Post
    Not saying there is, but if there is some kind of bug associated with this, it would have to be a very old bug. The dummy objects I keep off to the side of my frame to prevent this problem have been there since the very early prototype versions of my project going all the way back to at least 2009. If it ever behaved differently than it does now, it would surely have to have been even longer ago than that.
    ok, thanks. I'll assume that it's been this way for ever and will remain so for a long time, and adjust my MFA accordingly. I've made a dummy object as you suggest and that works well. I'll probably sometimes use Bartek's child events suggestion too. Thanks everyone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2