User Tag List

Thread: Too many images for the Runtime

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too many images for the Runtime

The game I'm working on at the moment is large and using a lot of frame by frame animation, and I just recently a bit of a hiccup with the engine. While implementing the latest characters art and animation I got the message:

"You might exceed the maximum number of images supported by the runtime. Do you want to continue anyway?"

After importing the images anyways I found that the just don't show in the game and the fusion replaces those frames with older images previously imported. So I was wondering is there a way around this, to increase the number of images supported by the runtime or is that a hard cap and I'll have to adjust how the animation is handled in the game. The game runs totally fine so it isn't really a matter of being overstuffed and under performing framerate wise, just that the images don't show up in game.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The maximum number of internal images an application can contain is 65500, and the message you mention concerns this limit. From the build 292.26 you can see the number of images your application uses at the bottom of the About properties of the application. Unfortunately this limit is pretty complex to remove in the current version.

We're working on a solution that could allow you to load the animations of an object from an external file, this would allow you to get objects with tons of images out of the main MFA.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    The maximum number of internal images an application can contain is 65500, and the message you mention concerns this limit. From the build 292.26 you can see the number of images your application uses at the bottom of the About properties of the application. Unfortunately this limit is pretty complex to remove in the current version.

We're working on a solution that could allow you to load the animations of an object from an external file, this would allow you to get objects with tons of images out of the main MFA.
    That would definitely be helpful as I'd rather not have to rework so much of the game at this late stage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know if this is a feature that will be available in the near future or is this something far down the road? Getting towards the end of development on this game and need to decide how to approach some aspects of it.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It was delayed by the changes we had to make for the issue with some anti-virus programs, we're going to resume work on it soon.