User Tag List

Thread: transitions not working and text changed

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

transitions not working and text changed

when i exported my game the transitions didnt work and my font was changed to another one. how do i fix this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transitions don't work in Android. You have to make your own. If you really want them, take a black square, enlarge it to fill the frame and set the alpha blending co-efficient so that it gradually fades out or in, as you want it.

To include a font, you need to use the Android font packer object. Fusion has one default font that they use for Android otherwise, and it will use that font. Mind you, you need to do the same for Windows. If the other person doesn't have the font you're using installed, it will also change the font and you would have to include it using the Font Embed Object, which requires fonts to be installed a certain way to work...

You can also tick - use system fonts - under the Android options, but in practise I've never had ticking that box make any difference on my test devices.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 do i put the android font packer on every frame that has it or just in the 1st frame? and do i just just say Start of Frame : Read Internal Fonts?

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can place the Android Font Packer on your first frame only.

If you click on the Android Font Packer it asks for a lists of fonts - you include there the fonts you're using. That's all. You don't need to put anything else in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 whats the name of the one for windows?

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Euingee View Post
    @Janette5 whats the name of the one for windows?
    Font Embed Object

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 so with the font embed object, do i have to put that in every frame that has a string? because i was watching tacos video on it and he had the font set to a string.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people declare the font and the font size every time they use a string - but in Fusion that isn't necessary unless you're re-using the exact same string every time and changing the font. If it's setup in the string's settings, you don't have to do anything more.

Although the Android Font Packer, is fairly straight forward, the Font Embed Object is not - and it never worked out for me - I gave up on it so would not be able to help you with it.

What the Font Packaging extensions do, though, is install the font, so that each time you use it, Fusion can find it. You only need to do that once.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 i think i figured out how it works. im not really sure what you wanted to do with it so heres what i have, hope it helps.

Application 1.mfa

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you @Euingee

In theory, I don't think what you have there will work on a second computer - I don't know what Fusion does with path names that are static like that - but you would need an evaluated path name i.e. apppath$ or something when you extract the binary file.

By me of course it just says file not found because binary data is not included when you export a .mfa

There is an example - under Program Files (X86) / Clickteam Fusion Developer 2.5\Examples\Font Embed Object

In theory, you don't need to put it in binary data.

However, the fonts I was using would never be available on a different computer - but they were not fonts installed from the internet, they were fonts already installed on my pc, and that might have been part of the problem, I tried a 100 different ways but it was years ago. I just reverted to typing what I needed in a graphics programme and importing it into Fusion as a graphic. There was a second reason, the quality of how Fusion displays the strings on a large monitor is poor.

(However, I believe 2.5+ now automatically will include a certain type of font for DX11, and I would no longer have to use the Font Embed Object if I chose to switch to DX11. But the display issues of strings are even worse in DX11 than they were in DX9. So no luck there, either.)