Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: .exe exported file detected as virus

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.exe exported file detected as virus

Hi there. I am trying to publish my game, but every time I export a Clickteam Fusion 2.5 game to an .exe fie, it is marked as a virus and no one is able to download my game. I do not know why that is. I am not able to publish my game because every computer says it has a virus on it.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/...18d2/detection

I am using Clickteam Fusion 2.5 (Build 292.29)

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You should submit your game to those anti-virus programs so that they add it to their white list in their virus definition update:

Avast: https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php
    AVG: https://www.avg.com/en-us/false-positive-file-form
    Kaspersky: https://support.kaspersky.com/1870

Please also tell them your EXE was made with Clickteam Fusion.

I'll check various apps made with all the versions of Fusion and I'll submit apps again today. EDIT: done.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres the Bitdefender link for false positives also. https://www.bitdefender.com/submit/

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will probably do that today after school. but now new anti-virus software's is detecting the .exe file as virus. 8 now. Yeah I am sorry but I am unable to publish my game (since it only works in .exe file) because all the virus detections will scare away those playing my game.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried downloading my game from another computer, but it says it has a virus and would not download.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monstersstuck View Post
    I will probably do that today after school. but now new anti-virus software's is detecting the .exe file as virus. 8 now. Yeah I am sorry but I am unable to publish my game (since it only works in .exe file) because all the virus detections will scare away those playing my game.
    Yes, I know. I've spent a part of the day testing and submiting files and sending messages to the concerned AV's. I'm getting tired, this is the first time this happens. Usually when we send them files they fix it quickly and we don't hear about it anymore, but for 2 months each time we release an update everything is ok during a few days and then ten AV's suddenly flag user apps. I'll recontact them again tomorrow if nothing changes.

Just for info this apparently doesn't concern users using the 2.5+ DLC, at least for the moment...

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    PS: at least MS Defender and Kaspersky seem to have fixed it, they no longer seem to flag your app. Avast/AVG said this would be fixed but I don't know if it was an automatic fix and/or if they read my message, we'll see if apps are still detected tomorrow.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. I made a new .exe blank file, uploaded to the virus site, and got 4 detections as a virus.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/...481c/detection

I do not know what to do at this point. I guess I have to wait for an update from Clickteam Fusion 2 to fix this problem?

Anyways thank you for helping me out! I really appreciate it. I wonder why so many anti-virus programs are detecting this file as viruses?

By the way, maybe if I hand you my .mfa file, you can export it and maybe it will not have any viruses?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I guess I have to wait for an update from Clickteam Fusion 2 to fix this problem?
    No, we can't fix a bug that is in the anti-virus programs. You have to wait for the anti-virus programs to fix it. If you want to speed it up for your own game, you can submit your game as false positive to the anti-virus companies that report a false positive. For example for Avast and AVG you have to use the links I posted above.

I wonder why so many anti-virus programs are detecting this file as viruses?
    This is a good question. As I said this is happening with Fusion apps for 2 months each time a few days after we release a new update patch. I'm on it.

By the way, maybe if I hand you my .mfa file, you can export it and maybe it will not have any viruses?
    There is no virus in your EXE and the EXE I would generate would be exactly the same. The bug is in the anti-virus programs, they are incorrectly detecting virus signatures in this EXE.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's really anoying, it's been almost 2 months that player can't play my game, even if they buy it on Steam.I lose a lot of money because of that, and I just can't do nothing.
    it's really a problematic situation.

It is at least possible to came back to the previous version of Clickteam Fusion without anti virus Issue? Probably the best solution at the moment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast