User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to keep tiles glued together using the bouncing ball movement in a game?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Good fix was to avoid the green stripes . You basically corrected the y-coordinates to rewind the wide road blocks into the play area, so it should be the same for the smaller blocks of the event I called "NARROW" (the narrow road). I think, then, that it is simply a fact of y-coordinates which are not perfect although I have changed these y coordinates many times ! In the meantime, I copy the line you correct and paste it into my example, because I added a few things to it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway if you have time take a look at this video (Monaco GP arcade 1979). I wonder how they made the tiles so smooth and stable.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFujJJmW8zc

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your game is that smooth on my PC. I tried to make a video to show you, but the video recording software I use is not that good - so it looks a bit more choppy than it really is.

You can download the video here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgVEPtcaHQ02nbYI...jNeeQ?e=g6rhnh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes! The glitches are less noticeable in your pc, but I have a I7 cpu of 2012 year and a 4 GB graphics card, it will be a matter of setting.
    To make videos instead, even my screen capture is not that great, who knows if there is a method to export the file.avi while playing with ClickTeam Fusion for previews (as is done with Mame which exports high quality videos).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi daryuss, this is not a solution - yet you could always make an active the same colour as the grey on the road & the exact size of road ie. that fits both the fat and skinny road sections. If you send it to the back it would hide the green lines.

Scratch that, it won't improve the edges, yet at least it's less obvious in the middle majority of the road.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could also be the ratio of your monitor vs my monitor - 480 x 640 is an odd size for a game.

My monitor is 1920x1080.

(By the way sometimes your other cars go behind the edge on the side of the road - you need to make sure they're always in front.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nivram, Aenever and Janette5: Thanks for reviewing my little tutorial and for your suggestions. I will apply these changes to improve this example [which in addition to me, could be useful for those who like to make games of the genre (for example as the game of the video I posted as an example (Monaco GP, which despite there are no curves, at the time passionate the players the same))].
    Then is better that I resume refocusing on this project that I will complete when will I be 90 years old, because I am not a genius like Capcom or Namco or Atari game designers :

https://community.clickteam.com/threads/106339-Capcom-Play-System-1-simulation-progect-(Stratos-or-another-name-as-an-example-game)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2