User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Performance on Android - case study, conclusions and help needed

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you please explain what happens when you try to open the first level?
    Maybe a short video?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 9VoltWiseman View Post
    I've been struggling with sounds causing stutters, even in my smaller projects with well compressed .oggs - I'll have to try 192kbps. Have you noticed longer (not larger file size) sounds loop earlier than they're supposed to when preloaded?

I've tested on a Galaxy s3 and much newer devices and both have troubles with sounds on both blank projects and more complex ones, been scratching my head on this one for months.
    Hey Volt.
    Yes, in addition to sounds stutter on all devices (newer ones - it's barely noticeable), I also get preloaded looped long sounds to restart prematurely, after 5-10 seconds, instead of completing a complete 60-90 seconds play and then restarting.
    I think preloading long sounds is bad practice anyway...

It seems like some of the sounds in my game do not cause the stutter, and some does. Even on 192kbps ogg, some still create a minor stutter, the heavier the game and the slower the device, it'll be more noticable.
    ALL OF THE SOUNDS in Dobermann's "Firefighter" do not cause any stuttering at all.
    I'm DYING to understand what's the difference between the ones that cause a stutter and the ones that don't.
    Maybe it's their original bitrate before compressing, maybe it's their original format, I've no idea... :-/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try to optimize their size with audacity? I did that once so all the sounds are low size. I also cut blank in every samples.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
    Try to optimize their size with audacity? I did that once so all the sounds are low size. I also cut blank in every samples.
    Blanks are cut. All the samples together combined in my game reach 24mb, and that includes 10 levels full 1-2 minutes musics (each of these 10 playing at their own frame)...
    They are all 192kb ogg's, and stutter.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    j'ai longtemps chercher a optimiser pour android, en suivant tout les conseils possible, il n'y a que 3 qui changent vraiment la difference:

utiliser des groupes activés / désactivés

utilisé des evenement parents/enfant dans les boucles + la fonction "break"

et surtout: mettre le moins d'actif et de decors possible, pour cela il faut remplacer les differents petits decors utilisés par une grosse image composée de tout les decors, (j'ai créé un petit programme sous fusion qui enregistre la scene complete en une grosse image bmp)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fredetmumu View Post
    j'ai longtemps chercher a optimiser pour android, en suivant tout les conseils possible, il n'y a que 3 qui changent vraiment la difference:

utiliser des groupes activés / désactivés

utilisé des evenement parents/enfant dans les boucles + la fonction "break"

et surtout: mettre le moins d'actif et de decors possible, pour cela il faut remplacer les differents petits decors utilisés par une grosse image composée de tout les decors, (j'ai créé un petit programme sous fusion qui enregistre la scene complete en une grosse image bmp)
    Hé Fred, merci. J'ai implémenté les 3 méthodes que vous avez mentionnées, mais j'ai encore du bégaiement sur les appareils plus anciens. J'ai des éléments de scène uniques, et je n'ai pas créé tout le niveau en 1 graphique, j'ai chaque plate-forme en 1 actif (quelle que soit la taille).

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    il y a combien d'actifs?
    moi je met toujours un compteur et la ligne "change le compteur pour framerate" comme ça sur android je peux voir le framerate

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here are the windows that appear to me, first the tutorial, then the choice of the level and finally when I click on the island a background and nothing else. advertising seems to interfere a bit, I would use video rewards if possibleScreenshot_20201112_212858_com.yaronfrezi.shapeshifter.jpgScreenshot_20201112_213011_com.yaronfrezi.shapeshifter.jpgScreenshot_20201112_213023_com.yaronfrezi.shapeshifter.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by janpier View Post
    here are the windows that appear to me, first the tutorial, then the choice of the level and finally when I click on the island a background and nothing else. advertising seems to interfere a bit, I would use video rewards if possibleScreenshot_20201112_212858_com.yaronfrezi.shapeshifter.jpgScreenshot_20201112_213011_com.yaronfrezi.shapeshifter.jpgScreenshot_20201112_213023_com.yaronfrezi.shapeshifter.jpg
    Thanks, it appears you phone does not scroll the frame at all. On the practice levels all the level is on top left of frame, no scrolling needed. On the first level its lower and your phone doesn't scroll. If "set display x / y to" doesn't work on your phone, there's nothing I could do about it, its something for @Fernando to fix...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it happens on both phones I own. on both the old and the new one

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast