Thread: Sound Information from Backdrops

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Sound Information from Backdrops

Hello!

I am working on sound design for my project, and intend to have the game world react to player movement. The player will emit footstep sounds relevant to the ground he/she is threading on (Metal, grass, snow, etc.). However, the levels terrain/tiles consists purely of backdrops, and cannot convey any information to the player what material it consists of. Is there a way to assign backdrops a variable telling what sound it will emit when player touches this backdrop?

The only possible solution I can think of now, is to manually define areas of each level what Foley sound they will emit either through positioning in the event editor, or active objects used as collision masks. This approach will be very time consuming, increase the effort needed to add levels, and also might tax the application with unnecessary active objects.

Does anyone know of a smarter solution? I appreciate any input!

Best regards,
    Tobias Edvardsen

Clicker

Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately the only solution is the collision masks, zone definition, or just replacing all backdrops with actives. Having a lot of actives isn't really going to hurt anything in modern day fusion.

You can probably get away with replacing only the edge tiles/platforms with actives that switch the step sounds permanently until another type of ground is touched.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GamesterX23 View Post
    Unfortunately the only solution is the collision masks, zone definition, or just replacing all backdrops with actives. Having a lot of actives isn't really going to hurt anything in modern day fusion.

You can probably get away with replacing only the edge tiles/platforms with actives that switch the step sounds permanently until another type of ground is touched.
    I apologize for the late reply. I will have to lay out some collision masks then! Do you know if there is an object type that has the same interactivity as an Active Object without flooding the event editor and object list?

Best regards,
    Tobias Edvardsen

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    non je ne pense pas que ša existe , il peut y avoir certaines solutions mais c'est fastidieux, il est plus simple de multiplier les differents masques de collision

Clicker

Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias_Edvardsen View Post
    I apologize for the late reply. I will have to lay out some collision masks then! Do you know if there is an object type that has the same interactivity as an Active Object without flooding the event editor and object list?

Best regards,
    Tobias Edvardsen
    Sorry for the delay as well.

The best bet would be to just hide the objects in the event editor and make a folder for these objects in the level/frame editor.