User Tag List

Thread: bug in android port

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bug in android port

so for some reason on mobile in one of the levels when the bombs explode and you walk where they were you get hurt and die. i tried replaying it on my computer but it worked fine and i never had that problem. i recorded it on my phone to show whats happening but im not sure why its doing it and after looking through the code i cant see what could be causing it. i thought it was probably the explosion and that the image somehow didnt get destroyed and when you walked on it then it still hurt you. but after updating it it still kept doing it. heres the video and the file.

https://youtu.be/QZKKCMftAys

Attachment 29644

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In your example you're missing the command to destroy the explosion when the animation is over - and your last frame of the animation is blank. So it appears that the animation is completed, but it is still there.

You would need to insert this:

* explosion animation Animation 12 is over
    explosion : Make invisible
    explosion : Destroy

* explosion animation Animation 13 is over
    explosion : Make invisible
    explosion : Destroy

Try first just to destroy the animation. If that doesn't work - put in the make invisible - and visibility check
    (Because Fusion destroys things with a delay, at the end of a frame run - and this will overcome that.)

* chick: Hurt is off
    + explosion is visible
    + chick is overlapping explosion
    the timer : Fire event "Hurt" after 00''-05
    chick : Set effect to "Inverted"
    the timer : Fire event "Restore Color" after 00''-10
    chick : Set Hurt on
    the timer : Fire event "Recover" after 00''-50

Why this is happening:

On PC you have the object set with fine detection so when the last frame goes blank, there's nothing to detect and so even when it is still there, it's not triggering an action.
    On Android, if one of the characters in the overlap / collision has fine detection turned off - and your chicken does, then the entire collision is checked without fine detection, so the firework is now triggering a collision with a bounding box around it, no longer the individual pixels.

(It would be a good idea to insert the "animation over - destroy" commands into the PC version as well.)

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 i just tried this and it didnt really work. i got rid of animation 13 because it was an early drawing of the explosion, but i added the code and all that happens is when the explosion ends it just stays there, i also got rid of the blank frame in its animation

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There seems to be a problem with custom animations and that feature (when animation is over). It doesn't work, I don't know if it is meant to.

But this did work:

Instead of saying - when animation is over - use

* Current frame of explosion = 7
    == explosion : Destroy

(You have 8 frames and it starts counting at 0)

or

If you put the animation into the frame - Stopped - then using When Animation is Over - works correctly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 why cant i do Current frame of explosion = 8?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have: Fusion Counts them like this:
    1 0
    2 1
    3 2
    4 3
    5 4
    6 5
    7 6
    8 7

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 ah ok, so if i made a ninth blank frame could i do 8?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should work - try it.

If you're stuck on having to change something on multiple levels, you can make the explosion a global object. Fusion will ask you if it must make the other explosions objects global too, and then if you change 1 thing, like putting the animation into stopped or adding in an animation frame, it will change it to all the explosions on all the frames.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @euginee How Janette5 described it, that is "0-based", and is a way of saying "distance from start".
    If memory is allocated like a list, it is more efficient to say start of list is at list's RAM address, and 2nd item is list address + size of 1 item, 3rd is at list address + size of 2 items, etc.