User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need help understanding qualifiers

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help understanding qualifiers

Hello all, I need some assistance in understanding how Qualifiers work, in relation to their IDs and such.

I will attach detailed pics of my issue here; Basically I have an object that will create a spray of particles when being attacked. In this case it is blood. The blood falls to the ground, and SHOULD stuck onto the floor.
    I got it working somewhat, the blood falls onto the Obstacle below which uses the same Qualifier as all of my obstacles. The blood overlapping the floor is detected and it freezes its X position in place and its Y position gets frozen to the Y position of the floor.

Issue I am having is that it is not changing to the Y Top of what it collides with, but rather this one specific unrelated obstacle that happens to use the same Qualifier as a different floor.

2.jpg
    qualifier issue.jpg

"on ground" is a Flag. As you can see, the blood does correctly collide/overlap with the sloped Obstacle and the actions afterwards do work, but instead of moving the Y-Position to the slope it moves it to the top of the red box, which is also an Obstacle qualified object. I would love to just use the same method keepX uses by freezing the object's Y position as well but the particles just fall through the floor instead.

Note if I remove the red box completely it then gets stuck at the Y-Top of the bottom-most sloped Obstacle. There isn't any documentation anywhere explaining how the engine actually determines how qualifiers work.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    line 14, you specifies y top "qualifier", but what qualifier? fusion can"t understand what qualifier you want if it's not a collision in the same line or if you don't define it with another way

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    par exemple il faut ligne 11 ajouter aux actif "sang" une variable "y stop" et lui donner la valeur posy du qualifieur ,de puis plus tard : set ypos to "y stop"

mais ce n'est pa un peu compliqué pour arriver a votre resultat? pourquoi ne pas tout simplement coller dans le decors au moment de la collision?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fredetmumu View Post
    line 14, you specifies y top "qualifier", but what qualifier? fusion can"t understand what qualifier you want if it's not a collision in the same line or if you don't define it with another way
    That's what I mean, I don't understand how Fusion decides to scope qualifiers by default.

I don't speak French but I understand what you were saying, I think. Here...
    new.pngnew2.png

I outlined the whole box of the slope to better illustrate the new issue, but it displays it this way regardless of if it's there or not. I'm using fine detection so it does hit the diagonals of the slope, not just the transparent box.

It works good for differentiating between individual Obstacle-qualified Objects but I don't know how to display them diagonally on the diagonal slope. Hmm... brain hurts

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    est ce que c'est des objets physiques? car objet physique doit etre en collision avec objet physique , probleme si non physique et je ne pense pas qu'il y ait besoin d'une boucle pour faire ça

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sang stop pente.mfa

comme ça?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are not physics objects, your example is perfect but I am using the Particle Spray Object extension to create the spray, which I guess cannot shoot out Physics objects; it simply shoots nothing if I set the particle to a Physics - Bouncing Ball.

Shame... I'm taking the night off tonight but I'll experiment some more tomorrow and if I figure something out I'll update here.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Qualifiers work the same as any other object, what's happening here though looks like an issue with scoping

In Line 14 you're telling the particle to stick to the obstacle - but since this is a seperate event, it won't inherit the scoping from the obstacle in line 11, so it's going to stick to the Y Top of the most recently created obstacle.
    If you change Line 14 to "On ground is on" AND "Is overlapping obstacle" it will likely work

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (woops, double post)

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ça vient peut etre aussi de l'objet particule car je ne connais pas, cela dit ton code me semble etrange avec tes boucles qui me semblent inutiles, je pense que ça pourrait être beaucoup plus simple, si tu veux isole ce morceu de code et post le pour qu'on essaie de le corriger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast