User Tag List

Thread: Other published apps have sound when silent mode is on - how can CTF apps do this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other published apps have sound when silent mode is on - how can CTF apps do this?

How can we make sure the iOS apps have sound when the volume is up but the user unknowingly has the device on silent mode? I would say the majority of published apps I've tested play sound while silent mode is on. Some of the beta testers have been reporting there's no sound as a bug, and saying they have sound on their other installed apps but not on ours.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I would say the majority of published apps I've tested play sound while silent mode is on.

mm not sure is correct can you check against this

Audio - User Interaction - iOS - Human Interface Guidelines - Apple Developer
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the link Fernando. Sound is essential to the educational apps I'm developing and I've read that silent mode can be controlled by AVAudioSession. Please could you let me know if there a way in Fusion or in Xcode to control it? If not, is there a way to pop up an alert informing the user to switch off silent mode?

I was embarrassed sending the TestFlight beta link to an interested party yesterday and they had no sound and couldn't understand why all their other apps had sound. Other beta testers have had this issue and thought there's something wrong. I'm just thinking that when it gets published about the amount of support we'll have to give for explaining this simple issue.

Also logically, if a user has the volume up and is purposely opening up an app and interacting with it, then surely they expect to hear the audio? There are so many people who don't know about dragging down from the top right hand corner to see the control panel and tap the red mute bell. They see the volume is turned up and they think there is something wrong with the app.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    oh now i understand.

you can do this inside the xcode project, since this is a very specific application, inside CSoundPlayer.m

you need to replace:

AVAudioSessionCategoryAmbient withAVAudioSessionCategoryPlayback (There are two)

you need to set external sounds with iOSPlus

Not sure if

AVAudioSessionCategorySoloAmbient replaced withAVAudioSessionCategoryPlayback will work, it is possible that can generate an error, please try.

Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much, Fernando! I will try it out