User Tag List

Thread: Saving in game cause micro stutter if not toggling windows protection on and off

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Saving in game cause micro stutter if not toggling windows protection on and off

I had this problem and made a thread about it in the past that saving in my game (even with a blank mfa and just saving a number) caused heavy micro stutter (but it is also a bit random, so it is not happeningevery single save). Like when it saved the game would halt for a split second and then continue. The solution I found was even stranger to me. If I go into Windows Security and turn the "Real-Time Protection" toggle Off and then On again the problem is solved. However it starts occuring again if I restart my computer. I only have this problem with Fusion made games, no other games I play on Steam etc cause this so even though I have found a "solution" i am a little afraid that some number of users out there will have the same issue with my game.

Do anyone know exactly why this happens and if it is possible to solve it in a better more permanent way? Also I find it so strange that I actually don't need to turn Off Real-Time Protection and keep it off, but I can turn it on again. I just need to toggle it off and on and it works (until next restart)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Under Windows - Settings - Security & Update - For Developers - there's a switch to say: Install apps from any source including loose files. If you switch that on it indicates to Windows that you're developing apps etc. It might help Windows to leave you alone.

I have a lot of stutter when running things from inside of Fusion, but not when running an independently built .exe - then again it might be that I don't notice it because I only read at a Start of Frame event and start the game after that's complete, and save when the game is complete and nothing's happening except a banner is displaying that says Congratulations etc.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    I had this problem and made a thread about it in the past that saving in my game (even with a blank mfa and just saving a number) caused heavy micro stutter (but it is also a bit random, so it is not happeningevery single save). Like when it saved the game would halt for a split second and then continue. The solution I found was even stranger to me. If I go into Windows Security and turn the "Real-Time Protection" toggle Off and then On again the problem is solved. However it starts occuring again if I restart my computer. I only have this problem with Fusion made games, no other games I play on Steam etc cause this so even though I have found a "solution" i am a little afraid that some number of users out there will have the same issue with my game.

Do anyone know exactly why this happens and if it is possible to solve it in a better more permanent way? Also I find it so strange that I actually don't need to turn Off Real-Time Protection and keep it off, but I can turn it on again. I just need to toggle it off and on and it works (until next restart)
    What object / functions do you use to save your game?