User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lacewing Profile Picture

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lacewing Profile Picture

Hello. I'm trying to make online game (with Lacewing) which would use a profile pictures (picture from PC).
    If I have my profile picture here: "C:\Users\User\Desktop\picture.png", how could I make it visible to other users?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done this long time ago sending csv files not pictures but maybe the same concept would apply.
    -Look into the option in Lacewing "Binary to send" and then the other person would "Received binary > Save to file" and save it as png.
    -Then use the "Active Picture" object to read the downloaded file and display it.

you can find more info here: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/78994-Sending-files-using-Lacewing/page5

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, but I can't make it work. Yes, it saves (something?) as "png's", but those png's are corrupted/unable to open. What should I do?

Here is my project: Multiplayer.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckJohnn View Post
    Thanks, but I can't make it work. Yes, it saves (something?) as "png's", but those png's are corrupted/unable to open. What should I do?

Here is my project: Multiplayer.mfa
    Hmm I created something quick hopefully it is clear SendPictureLacewing.mfa
    make sure you have 3 images with the names Animal1.png, Animal2.png and Animal3.png in the same folder as the exe file if you want to test the mfa like so:

Animals.png

https://youtu.be/VlIkqvhybeE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well now it works sometimes with two players (second players picture doesn't always load to first person), but when there is like 3 or 4 people, the game begins to open other players pictures to other players and I don't know what to do.
    Good thing is that now game saves other player's pictures correctly (like this):
    correct players.png

Recent version (.mfa + pictures & stuff):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dqx...ew?usp=sharing

Recent version (.mfa only):
    Multiplayer v2.mfa

Problem with video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y833fd7v9k

In short, there is three problems:
    - If a new player appears, it's image doesn't always load.
    - If a new player appears, other players pictures will change to new players one.
    - If you are a new player, other players pictures are shown incorrect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. This version (maybe) fixes the first problem.

Edit: First bug is not totally gone, but it works better.

Recent version (.mfa only):
    Multiplayer v3.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like scoping issues, try reading Volnaiskra's tutorial on how Fusion picks the objects to apply actions to. Make sure you're storing Peer ID on peer connect, or on peer loop.

If you want faster Lacewing help, best to ask on the Clickteam Discord.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phi View Post
    Sounds like scoping issues, try reading Volnaiskra's tutorial on how Fusion picks the objects to apply actions to.
    These are pretty familiar things, and I manage them pretty well already, but there wasn't problem with these..

Make sure you're storing Peer ID on peer connect, or on peer loop.
    You mean ID stuff under Peer ID & Peer Connect? Those already have the ID (peer ID:s) itself so it doesn't work that way in this case.

If you want faster Lacewing help...
    This pace suits me well. We probably live in different time zones so if I sleep / I'm at school, then you have time to text and vice versa.

Anyway. I found a solution to the problem. Image replacement doesn't work on "Active" object after all, so I had to use "Active Picture" object, like in tk22:s example.
    Problem with "Active" object was that if I replaced it's frame with picture from PC (for only one object), it changes in all other similar objects, unlike with "Active Picture" object.
    (I don't know if that's a bug or intentional, because with the event I was using it always worked with alternate values, animation, movement and other stuff, but not with picture loading).
    (Well that wasn't the only problem which caused problems. There were a couple of problems that I got fixed).

So.. it seem to work now (even perfectly?) with small (16x16) images right now...

BUT

If I try to send/receive larger images, there will be more problems. It works very randomly (mostly depending on the image).
    I mean.. sometimes sending, receiving and loading works, but it doesn't work automatically anymore. Even if I try to send the image manually, it doesn't seem to always work.
    I've tried with "PX_Big.png" pictures (it can be found in Multiplayer v3.zip"). When P1 and P2 are connected, P2 doesn't receive P1:s picture, but P1 receives P2:s picture.
    I've tried with 4 players. 3 players works, but if I do events manually with pressing buttons, but when P4 joins in, it can send it's picture and others can receive it, but P4 itself can't receive anyone else's pictures.
    That's so random and goes beyond my understanding, but here. Try it yourself (I added the Debug list, along with a couple of other additions) (sorry for my bad english):

Recent version (V3) (.mfa + pictures & stuff):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1exo...ew?usp=sharing

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean ID stuff under Peer ID & Peer Connect? Those already have the ID (peer ID:s) itself so it doesn't work that way in this case.
    I was on mobile and couldn't open the MFA, so I gave the most likely scenario.

This pace suits me well. We probably live in different time zones so if I sleep / I'm at school, then you have time to text and vice versa.
    I usually visit forums every few weeks (or more infrequently), and might not see any new topics, but I'm on Discord every day.
    As I'm the creator of Lacewing Blue, it might be worth increasing your odds of getting my attention with Lacewing issues, but whatever you're comfortable with, man. I don't see it as a requirement to respond instantly if you contact me on Discord.

If I try to send/receive larger images, there will be more problems. It works very randomly (mostly depending on the image).
    My suggestions are checking the message size, and make sure you're reading the server welcome message - it may have custom messages about size limits on messages.
    You can split messages up easily enough, using Binary object and memory addresses - if you use Send, the messages will use TCP which has its message received order guaranteed to match the sending order.
    Blast (which uses UDP) is designed to drop messages to keep up speed of transfer, so big messages will be too slow and will likely be dropped. 8kb, 16kb etc should be fine, feel free to experiment. Order and reliability not guaranteed, though.
    Also, if you're using PNG, bear in mind PNG format uses zlib compression internally, so using the binary message's built-in compression will likely make the message bigger as it is rewrapping an area where all patterns are compressed already.

I've tried with 4 players. 3 players works, but if I do events manually with pressing buttons, but when P4 joins in, it can send it's picture and others can receive it, but P4 itself can't receive anyone else's pictures.
    If you're using peer-to-peer messages, not peer-to-channel, then it can be understood as you treating "on peer connect", and peers already present on channel when you connect differently. The normal process is to loop all peers already there, on self channel join.

Recent version (V3) (.mfa + pictures & stuff):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1exo...ew?usp=sharing
    That link is banned due to violation of Drive's ToS, apparently...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...and make sure you're reading the server welcome message...
    It said: "This is a Bluewing Server build 25. An upload cap is in place. Please pay attention to Sent server -> peer text messages on subchannels 0 and 1, or you may be banned."

You can split messages up easily enough, using Binary object and memory addresses...
    I'll check that when I have time.

That link is banned due to violation of Drive's ToS, apparently...
    Hmmmm.. thats weird... Try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fuxdk8stis...%20V3.zip?dl=0

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast