User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lacewing Profile Picture

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phi View Post
    You can split messages up easily enough, using Binary object and memory addresses
    You mean like in this one? https://bugs.clickteam.com/threads/78994-Sending-files-using-Lacewing/page5
    I tried it two days ago, but I didn’t get it to work. I guess I did something wrong? Unfortunately, I don't happen to have that version in store anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Phi View Post
    if you use Send, the messages will use TCP which has its message received order guaranteed to match the sending order.
    Blast (which uses UDP) is designed to drop messages to keep up speed of transfer, so big messages will be too slow and will likely be dropped. 8kb, 16kb etc should be fine, feel free to experiment. Order and reliability not guaranteed, though.
    I replaced "Blast" events to "Send", but then players started to disconnect from the server.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckJohnn View Post
    You mean like in this one? https://bugs.clickteam.com/threads/78994-Sending-files-using-Lacewing/page5
    I tried it two days ago, but I didn’t get it to work. I guess I did something wrong? Unfortunately, I don't happen to have that version in store anymore.
    Yea, like that. LB is a quality coder, and he created a split-into-parts file sending system around the same time I did.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckJohnn View Post
    I replaced "Blast" events to "Send", but then players started to disconnect from the server.
    Were you listening to the server's welcome message? I don't see an event like this:

UDP/Blast messages that are too large for the server's upload cap will be dropped by server. TCP/Send messages that are too large will cause a disconnect.
    If you're kicked, you'll be sent a warning message about why, which you can listen to by using the above event.
    Your Blast messages, where every player sends their image instantly as a new client joins, will likely cause a UDP overload on new client's side, and cause messages to be dropped on the new client's side, so you won't receive them all.
    Images attachées Images attachées

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2