User Tag List

Thread: Snap bottem left of object in grid rather than top left

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snap bottem left of object in grid rather than top left

Hi everyone

I have another question that is probably simple but I can't seem to figure it out.

I use a grid of 16x16 squares in the editor.

I set anobject's hotspot (and action point fwiw) to the bottom left. Let's say for now that is 0x41 (so 42px height)

The editor always snaps the object to grid using the object's top left (0x0). I would like the editor to snap using the bottom left of the object.

Is that possible?

Thank you!

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The easiest way might be to make the first frame of the stopped animation (and potentially others) be sized to be multiple of the grid size and then make the top and right parts transparent as needed.

If you are only placing one object many times (or if they all have the same size and hotspot) then you could alternatively set the offset of the grid so that it coincides with the bottom left of the object(s).
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah hey that is a great idea (size the frame as a multiple of the grid). Thank you!

So it is just the "natural" behaviour off fusion then to snap to the top left?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could also make the first frame of your object a multiple of the grid size, and have some empty space around it in the animation, like this

edit: woops, im silly, i skimmed and misread the post above as having a temporary frame, not empty space

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by punchbird View Post
    So it is just the "natural" behaviour off fusion then to snap to the top left?
    I expect so. My assumption is that it is conceptually assumed that if you are using a grid then the objects will be tiles sized as multiples of the grid size.
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.