User Tag List

Thread: Application freeze when switching to fullscreen via ultimate fullscreen

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Application freeze when switching to fullscreen via ultimate fullscreen

Hi all.
    If I switch to fullscreen via ultimate fullscreen object(https://community.clickteam.com/threads/65280-Ultimate-Fullscreen), application has a certain probability to freeze with a tear screen.

Please check the video...

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...8/Ufsissue.mp4

...or the gif:

Any ideas about trouble shooting?

MFA:
    UFSIssue.mfa
    Images attachées Images attachées

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't recreate the behaviour on the games I have that uses Ultimate Fullscreen. Your .mfa I can't open because it uses 2 extensions I don't have installed - Steamworks & Surface.

So most likely it's related to one of those extensions.

Apparently DX11 uses a full screen system, you could try using DX11 without using Ultimate Full screen - i.e. use DX11 and the Fusion transitions - and see if that solves your problem.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janette5 View Post
    I couldn't recreate the behaviour on the games I have that uses Ultimate Fullscreen. Your .mfa I can't open because it uses 2 extensions I don't have installed - Steamworks & Surface.

So most likely it's related to one of those extensions.

Apparently DX11 uses a full screen system, you could try using DX11 without using Ultimate Full screen - i.e. use DX11 and the Fusion transitions - and see if that solves your problem.
    I still can reproduce this issue even after I remove steamworks and surface:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...ssue_NoExt.mp4

MFA without steamworks and surface:
    UFSIssue_NoExt.mfa

And these are the events about fullscreen in the mfa:
    When user clicks "全屏" or "窗口" button, it will call a fastloop "全局_全屏" or "全局_窗口" in global events to actually go fullscreen or go windowed.

Settings (ini file) will be updated when fullscreen state changes.

Global value F is a global timer used for fullscreen hotkey, which is not named in this mfa.

And spaces and tabs in the beginning of string object will be ignored when running application in DX11 mode:

My game relies on spaces to align texts, so for now I can't switch to DX11.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your app shows that it is in Fixed Screen mode, when you first start it - even though it is in Windows mode. If you click then on Fixed screen mode ( even though it shows it is in fixed screen mode) it will switch to fixed screen mode without a problem. But if you first click on window mode and then click on fixed screen mode it will freeze. There's something when you click on Windows mode that is not closed down / ended when you switch to Full Screen mode and that creates a problem.

You're writing to an ini file constantly and that really slows Fusion down - it's possible that it runs out of memory to complete everything.

You have a lot of code that tells Fusion to do something based on the position of the cursor or a block on the screen that you move using other extensions like the easing object. You could try to disable the groups while you're changing the full screen /window mode so that they don't conflict and confuse Fusion while it's doing that transition.

Check your loops that they're not endless - I've seen people create those, where a loop will always run under a condition, but that condition is always true, so that loop just keeps running and running in circles and stops Fusion from doing anything else.

Unfortunately I can't help you more than that because I don't understand Chinese.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your app shows that it is in Fixed Screen mode, when you first start it - even though it is in Windows mode. If you click then on Fixed screen mode ( even though it shows it is in fixed screen mode) it will switch to fixed screen mode without a problem. But if you first click on window mode and then click on fixed screen mode it will freeze. There's something when you click on Windows mode that is not closed down / ended when you switch to Full Screen mode and that creates a problem.
    Thanks for your reply, but excuse me what do you mean by "Fixed Screen mode"? Is it a property that I can change it in fusion?

You have a lot of code that tells Fusion to do something based on the position of the cursor or a block on the screen that you move using other extensions like the easing object. You could try to disable the groups while you're changing the full screen /window mode so that they don't conflict and confuse Fusion while it's doing that transition.
    Even if I disable all events except the codes about fullscreen control in frame events and global events, I can still reproduce this issue, but less possibility.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply, but excuse me what do you mean by "Fixed Screen mode"? Is it a property that I can change it in fusion?
    Sorry, I meant full screen mode. On your menu you have the 2 options - full screen or window. When you first open the game, it has a dot showing by full screen when that dot should be showing by window mode, because the game opens in window mode.

Even if I disable all events except the codes about fullscreen control in frame events and global events, I can still reproduce this issue, but less possibility.
    I hope someone else can help you with this, because I've never had a problem with ultimate fullscreen, but I've never used complex code or loops with it either. I just simply go window mode or go full screen mode and set a global value. The global value triggers a group that saves the settings once and then closes again.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I meant full screen mode. On your menu you have the 2 options - full screen or window. When you first open the game, it has a dot showing by full screen when that dot should be showing by window mode, because the game opens in window mode.
    The dot only shows the fullscreen settings in the ini file, and the file only be updated when user switches fullscreen state. E.g. last time I ran the game, set it to fullscreen mode(ini file updated to fullscreen) and game freezed, so I have to close it. the next time I launch it, the dot reads the ini file and set itself to fullscreen, while the app actually is windowed.
    In the full version of my game, it will read the settings ini file and set to fullscreen or windowed in the first frame, which is not included in this isolated mfa.
    I hope someone else can help you with this, because I've never had a problem with ultimate fullscreen
    Thank you for your kindness and time all the same.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still looking for an avaliable solution...