User Tag List

Thread: Does Launch Object create new instances of the object?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Launch Object create new instances of the object?

In the same vein as Create Object, does Launch Object create its own object each time it launches an object?

I am creating a spell to launch an arrow, the spell works perfectly except a couple hiccups:

If I cast an arrow to the right then quickly turn around and cast one to the left, the first arrow I cast will reverse its direction and begin moving left as well. This to me indicates they share the same scope.

I also have code to Destroy the launched object once it collides with a wall; using the rules above you'd think destroying one object would destroy them all, but it doesn't. This part actually works properly.

So, how does Launch object actually work? Or not work? It seems kind of useless to be honest and isn't really explained well in the contents.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any events on the arrow that happen under the "Launch an object" event should keep scoping - it seems to work the same way as "create an object"

Is it possible you've got some events affecting the direction of the arrow that happen in the same line *before* the "launch object" part of the event? Or any other lines that affect the direction of the arrow

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's better to use "create an objet" (bouncing ball) and affect a direction

tir boucing ball.mfa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marbenx View Post
    Any events on the arrow that happen under the "Launch an object" event should keep scoping - it seems to work the same way as "create an object"

Is it possible you've got some events affecting the direction of the arrow that happen in the same line *before* the "launch object" part of the event? Or any other lines that affect the direction of the arrow
    Maybe, I'm not sure. I need to have different events based on player direction because of the Sprayer Object; it needs to know which direction the player faces in order to know which way to spray.

This video will explain it better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqBMH7SsSro

I'll attach the code to here too.

arrowcodeprob1.jpg
    @fredetmumu I probably will end up making my own thing, but I thought it'll be good for me to learn how Launch Object functions.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh - I *think* if you change the "set direction" so that it occurs after the launch object, instead of before, it might fix it. Maybe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marbenx View Post
    Ahh - I *think* if you change the "set direction" so that it occurs after the launch object, instead of before, it might fix it. Maybe
    That worked. That makes complete sense now when I think about it that way; in order for scope to apply to the newly created object the object has to actually exist first, so it was applying the direction change to the object before it.