Thread: Build 293.1 - Release version

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEHRDAD View Post
    @Yves
    Hi and sorry for mention it again. Is any news to MP4 object or animation play object for all exporters?
    No news yet, everything got delayed with the work on the runtime to avoid false positives.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    In your example the problem comes from the Val function that you use to convert the string content from the List object. Val works with signed integers, and if the value is out of range (i.e. less than -2147483647 or greater than 2147483648), it converts it to a floating point value, and then when it's converted back to an integer value when it's passed to the Steamworks object, it gets out of range and an incorrect limit value is passed.

A possible solution is that you store the content ID to the line data in the List box object, and directly retrieve it from there, instead of using Str$ and then Val:

List : Set line fileNumber( "steamChecker" ) data to SteamLastUGCContentId( "SteamWorks" )

SteamWorks : Download file to Apppath$ + "\Downloads\" for content with id List Data( "List", fileNumber( "steamChecker" ) ) at priority 0

Is this possible and does this work?
    Gave this a test, tried it a couple different ways, and just couldn't get the list data to store the SteamUGCContentID. Always came out as -1. So, on a whim, I also added a number array to store the values, and they came out with the negative values I got when trying to store the value as a string.

MFA attached.
    Attached files Attached files

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsilvers View Post
    Gave this a test, tried it a couple different ways, and just couldn't get the list data to store the SteamUGCContentID. Always came out as -1.
    This is not normal, are you sure you used the correct index?

So, on a whim, I also added a number array to store the values, and they came out with the negative values I got when trying to store the value as a string.
    Well, negative values are OK as they are correctly converted when they are passed as parameter to the Steamworks object (what was not OK was the floating point value returned by Val).

Sorry I can't test your app, it doesn't display anything on my machine (I guess because I don't own the Steam app?), but I'm pretty sure this works (I tried with a simple Download File action from the value that's in your example, via a List line data, and I didn't get the error message).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not normal, are you sure you used the correct index?
    My setup looks like this:
    * SteamWorks : On loop through search content results in session "subs"
    List : Set line SteamLastUGCLoopIndex( "SteamWorks" ) data to SteamLastUGCContentId( "SteamWorks" ) [The line # = the SteamLastUGCLoop Index]
    steamData : Write Value SteamLastUGCContentId( "SteamWorks" ) to (SteamLastUGCLoopIndex( "SteamWorks" )) [This writes the last ContentID value to to the loop index X spot on the array]
    steamChecker : Set lineDataValue to List Data( "List", SteamLastUGCLoopIndex( "SteamWorks" ) ) [This is the alterable value that checks the line data value]

Well, negative values are OK as they are correctly converted when they are passed as parameter to the Steamworks object (what was not OK was the floating point value returned by Val).
    I'll reactivate the download function again pull the values from the array instead and see what happens there.

Edit: No dice. I made some small changes to add a "numberOfFiles" value to the active. Then it's supposed to download the workshop file at the ContentID in the corresponding array X position, and stop when fileNumber("steamChecker") == numberOfFiles("steamChecker") but I get the statusErrorFailedToDownloadFile message again. I think what was preventing the error from appearing this time was comparing the fileNumber value to the number of lines, and since there were no lines, it basically started out finished.

Sorry I can't test your app, it doesn't display anything on my machine (I guess because I don't own the Steam app?), but I'm pretty sure this works (I tried with a simple Download File action from the value that's in your example, via a List line data, and I didn't get the error message).
    Lemme know if you want a key.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Lemme know if you want a key.
    That would be easier

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be easier
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    That should work unless a bot gets to it first, in which case I'll email one over to you.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hmm, it doesn't display anything in the list box even after activating the product. Is this normal? How can I test it?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was having that same problem too. It does if you convert the values to strings and add them as a line, but not if you add line data.

Make sure though that you've gone over to workshop and subscribed to one or two items, because the Steam object's loop looks specifically for subscribed items, not all items.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I was having that same problem too. It does if you convert the values to strings and add them as a line, but not if you add line data.
    Yes you have to add a line before being able to set its data. But anyway I'm trying to test the Array solution, I add the item ID to the list at the same time just to see it on screen, but after suscribing to 3 items it doesn't list anything (I've added a counter that is incremented on each loop, just to be sure). I'm using the first example you posted.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you have to add a line before being able to set its data. But anyway I'm trying to test the Array solution, I add the item ID to the list at the same time just to see it on screen, but after suscribing to 3 items it doesn't list anything (I've added a counter that is incremented on each loop, just to be sure). I'm using the first example you posted.
    Alright I spiced things up a little bit, the results are the same but the data is a little clearer. It now starts with an Add Line function, which lists the Workshop item title. Each line stores the ContentID number, but they're still coming out negative. I also added a counter at top to display the ContentID.

Here's the updated MFA, it should work as is but just in case make sure the Steam AppID is set to 1087050.
    Attached files Attached files

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast