279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrexchip View Post
    https://youtu.be/rwaF8nXp6ok
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tabh5yo4g...eotest.7z?dl=0
    this has the mfa and video

so far other formats work fine.
    Thank you for the example. Finally I was able to reproduce it and fix it. I'll post the fixed file here when I've cleaned up the changes.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    https://youtu.be/rwaF8nXp6ok
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tabh5yo4g...eotest.7z?dl=0
    this has the mfa and video

so far other formats work fine.
    I attach a fixed version, to unzip to both Extensions\Unicode and Data\Runtime\Unicode.

just tested a avi and wmv on these settings, they also do it but not when "Use Media Foundation with DirectX11" is ticked.
    Cannot reproduce, the RAM increases a bit but eventually stabilizes after a few key presses. Could you double check?
    Attached files Attached files

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yves, have you considered the use of a shader transpiler to add shader support to other platforms beside Windows? There are many transpilers on the internet, many being free and open source as well...
    I saw that the latest FNAF updates includes some sort of app specific custom code to get a shader on it, and I guess porting to consoles can also be a pain for Clickteam if it has many unique shaders.
    So I guess a transpiler would not only make games on other platforms more flexible and better looking, but also help with the official Clickteam's porting service!
    (It may also be used to automatically convert DX9 shaders to DX11)

I think this should be considered, this may also be something important for Fusion 3, but idk know how it will handle shaders although the old video about it had some things that looked like shaders (like the fake 3D perspective for the tiles) and was running on a Mac so...

Another thing, have you ever noticed that when you upscale a game to full screen or something it gets columns/rows of deformed pixels? Basically it can't get all pixels the same size because of obvious reasons...
    I heard that there is a better method for upscaling pixel art and stuff, it's called sharp-bilinear, basically it tries to keep the middle of the pixels solid but smooth out the sides of the pixels, making all pixels the same size.
    The drawback is a tiny clarity reduction in some cases, but it looks a lot better than having an entire line of flattened stretched pixels...

I think I already mentioned RotSprite as well, but there could be more levels of "quality" when changing the angle of objects, I've tried recreating it with shaders but because it can only get what's visible it would look bad close to the edges...
    This algorithm basically works by upscaling the image with Scale2x Algorithm (going up to "Scale8x", so this could have many levels of "quality"), do change the angle, then downscale it back to the original resolution, this makes for a clearer and more accurate shape, with less missing or twisted pixels, meaning people could do better real-time rotations without relying on pre-drawn stuff...

This is the scaling algorithm used:
    https://www.scale2x.it/algorithm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Do you know that in 2.5+ you can select all objects with a given qualifier? (in the context menu in the frame editor)

Are you talking about the old tip for using qualifiers in global events? In 2.5+ you can use qualifiers in global events.
    For the selection of all objects with the same qualifier, it will be usefull for me thank you. It's don't make all but it will help me to give names properly to my variables in the future.

I still use qualifiers in global events since the update that allow it and I made a frame as base to have named variables on it. It's good for the events. I still have to copy paste a lot of objects between all my frames for the UI layers each time that I want to add one. Same for each generic object, extentions and helper that I need to have in each my levels frames. To have "Global layers" or "true global object" feature that enable to use object in all frames without place it on it should be usefull features.

Thank you for all !

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Importing of sprite sheets in box mode is not working correctly when images have an alpha channel (it loads sprites in column order, instead of row order).
    I suspect it may be related to another issue, mentioned previously in the changelog:

Build 292.5 - Change log
    ------------------------
    - Picture editor: wrong export of sprites sheets in box mode when images have an alpha channel.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I attach a fixed version, to unzip to both Extensions\Unicode and Data\Runtime\Unicode.

Cannot reproduce, the RAM increases a bit but eventually stabilizes after a few key presses. Could you double check?
    checked it and it works! btw will there be a option to play mp4s with dx9 sometime?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    checked it and it works! btw will there be a option to play mp4s with dx9 sometime?
    The Active DirectShow object basically just asks DirectShow (or MediaFoundation) to play files, and supports all video formats supported by DirectShow, including MP4. I can play MP4's with DX9 on my machine (including the one you provided in the example). Probably you haven't the DirectShow codec used by this file.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small suggestion: Rename this Windows Vista label to something more relevant:

Not a big deal obviously, but I just did a fair bit of googling before I found how to build an EXE as administrator. Although it's probably my own fault for missing it, I might have found the answer sooner if I hadn't been ignoring this section option due to assuming it was a legacy setting for very old computers.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    Small suggestion: Rename this Windows Vista label to something more relevant:

Not a big deal obviously, but I just did a fair bit of googling before I found how to build an EXE as administrator. Although it's probably my own fault for missing it, I might have found the answer sooner if I hadn't been ignoring this section option due to assuming it was a legacy setting for very old computers.
    I guess we can just remove it and just keep the Execution Level option.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Active DirectShow object basically just asks DirectShow (or MediaFoundation) to play files, and supports all video formats supported by DirectShow, including MP4. I can play MP4's with DX9 on my machine (including the one you provided in the example). Probably you haven't the DirectShow codec used by this file.
    How would I go to set it use a certain codec? I tried playing the exe on dx9 on a laptop and still shows a white screen for mp4s

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast