User Tag List

Thread: bundle identifier for macOS exporter

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bundle identifier for macOS exporter

I built a game using the macOS exporter and when my friend tried running it on his Mac, he got an error:
    "XXX app name" cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.
    macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware."

in MMF under macOS exporter properties, there is an option for bundle identifier. I have in the past done iOS builds so I am familiar with this property, but in the case of this macOS build I don't have any bundle identifier.

my question is - if we want to do ANY macOS builds using the macOS exporter, do we first have to go through apple and set up a bundle identifier, even if the app won't be listed on the mac store? like for a steam app?

I recently did a visual novel in renpy and that compiled a macOS build that worked fine, and I never specified a bundle identifier nor did I register the app with apple.

thanks!

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfullerNY View Post
    I built a game using the macOS exporter and when my friend tried running it on his Mac, he got an error:
    "XXX app name" cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.
    macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware."
    You get this message for applications that aren't signed and the Mac where you run the application has a security property (I don't remember the name) to prevent unsigned apps from launching. IIRC you don't need to turn this security option OFF, if you press CTRL when you run the app you still get the message but there is an option that allows you to run it.

If you want to get rid of this message, you need to sign your application. Build a "Mac Xcode project" and then load your project with Xcode and change the settings to sign the application. More information in the Help, Distributing your application / Build Type / MacOS.