Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Game crashes after a while on certain events

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game crashes after a while on certain events

Hi, I've been working on a project for a couple of years now, but recently I noticed that the game crashes after being played for a little while, and I have no idea why. I tried using the debug object, but all I got was "Unrecognised exception code [3765269347]" as the output in the log file, which doesn't really help me figure out what's crashing it. My main guesses would be either fastloops, child events, or lacewing that's crashing it, but maybe it's something else entirely.

The game is a multiplayer turn based card game. It works fine for a while, but after 5-10 minutes into the game, using an attack will crash it (though it works earlier, which makes it really hard to debug it because I have to wait 5-10 minutes every time to test something.) Does anybody have any guesses of what this might be to help me narrow it down and fix it? Any common Fusion crashes that this sounds like? I can send the project file if someone would like to take a look at it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps too many objects on the frame at run time. There's a setting in the frame properties, and the default is rather low (I think 1000). I was having odd issues today while making snow fall in my game. Changing up to 2500 objects worked for me.
    The setting is on each FRAME properties, Runtime options "number of objects".
    Check in your debugger; how many objects are created. If this is the problem, and there shouldn't be so many; make sure you're destroying objects as they leave the screen instead of upping the objects allowed. Note; I don't know what the Clickteam abend codes mean. I'm only offering a guess based on my own experience today. Good Luck.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, though that isn't it. I have 200 objects at max usually on screen at once.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's hard to make a good guess to be honest. I suggest you go by process of elimination and try to remove/disable parts of your events until the crashes stop happening. Then you'll have more clues to go on and eventually you should be able to track down the cause. Also if it becomes a crash that you can easily reproduce I am sure Clickteam would love to see that .mfa for bug-fixing.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I created a minidump file from the crash with the debug object, but it doesn't let me open it in Visual Studio. It says "The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703EE)".

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I will try that. The problem is that I am pretty sure I know which event it is crashing on, but I'm just not sure why. Maybe it has to do with other events that are affecting it. I have about a 50% success rate in reproducing the glitch.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeFun1 View Post
    I created a minidump file from the crash with the debug object, but it doesn't let me open it in Visual Studio. It says "The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703EE)".
    As you have Visual Studio, launch your EXE from Visual Studio and when it crashes, look at the Call Stack. If it crashes in a specific extension object, the mfx name will appear in the call stack. This could be a first indication.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrilley View Post
    It's hard to make a good guess to be honest. I suggest you go by process of elimination and try to remove/disable parts of your events until the crashes stop happening. Then you'll have more clues to go on and eventually you should be able to track down the cause. Also if it becomes a crash that you can easily reproduce I am sure Clickteam would love to see that .mfa for bug-fixing.
    Yeah, but maybe after the holidays :p

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it crashes, the top of the call stack reads "KernelBase.dll!_RaiseException@16()", and a window opens up that says "Unhandled exception at 0x763AA892 in Supercards.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: std::bad_alloc at memory location 0x0042F2B0. occurred". Does this mean anything, or is it just a generic way of saying it crashed?
    Call Stack error.png
    Unhandled exception.PNG

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Can you post a screenshot of the call stack window?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast