Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wrestling, grappling, throwing, slamming

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrestling, grappling, throwing, slamming

I mentioned on an earlier thread that I'm in the process of making a scrolling brawler.

I'm getting the hang of the basic moving around and attacking, and now wish to move onto figuring out some grapples. I've created a Streets of Rage/Final Fight style grab where you move to overlap an enemy's collision box, this sets a flag for both you and the target (grab and grabbed respectively) and causes the player to take hold of the enemy. The problem is, I've not much idea how to proceed beyond this?

An earlier version I tried was making the enemy spawn a new object which follows a path movement, but it doesn't look terribly convincing and I'd prefer to use physics for hurling an enemy through the air if possible.

Also, some of these animations don't fling the enemy, rather pick them up and slam them into the ground, so I need to find some way to not only get the enemy frames to follow set action points through the attacking player's animations, but also flip and rotate the enemy sprites as they go in order to look convincing.

Hopefully I've explained this all clearly, it may sound a little advanced for a straight explanation of how to do it, but if anyone can point me to any tutorials which might give me a better idea of how to handle these moves I'd appreciate it?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without programming your own movement you could do something like

Player Animation grapple is playing
    set enemy to position to player action point
    Enemy set animation to getting_grappled

P1 ignore input

Player Animation Grapple is over p1 restore input

For throwing you could change enemy to pinball movement

Try ask on Discord
    https://discord.gg/R3WuvF3mHr

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For something like this I would probably use a string instead of a flag, especially if you're doing something and you don't want multiple flags to overlap (e.g. if you have a flag for "grappled" and a flag for "being slammed" you might not want both on at the same time)

You can give the enemy a string called 'state' or something similar, and change its behaviours depending on what it's doing - "idle", "chasing", "being grappled", "being slammed", "being thrown", "hurt". This way any actions that depend on that enemy's particular state will only happen then, and you can individually create actions for each state

You could use physics for the enemy's movement too for being thrown. This might be easier if you give the enemy multiple movements, and toggle between them depending on the enemy's state

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the responses guys, I kinda get what you're saying, but at this stage of using the software I'm at that point where things make sense in your head, but when you try to implement them nothing happens, as you invariably have overlooked something due to lacking experience, I don't suppose anyone has any example files demonstrating the above suggestions?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you can make a small "schema" , drawing what you want exactly.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically something like this.

Brawnos Suplex Test.gif

This particular animation would be more of a 'slam', taking an enemy through the frames in a pre set fashion till they hit the floor, but it could also be used to launch them through the air, I'd need to know though how to have it release them as a certain point in the animation before physics take over?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fredetmumu View Post
    Thanks that's really good, I'll study it and see if I can better understand what you've done

The thing I'm not 100% on visually is having the throw object rotate and flip with the physics, I'm looking for a more old school effect by using different sprites at differing points during the flight through the air, could I DM you some for the player and enemy, and see what you can do?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes if you have sprites , give me and i will try

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here is one method
    you must adjust the action point of every pictures of brawnoslance ennemi fight.mfa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast