User Tag List

Thread: Building your MacOS application - but did I miss something?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Building your MacOS application - but did I miss something?

So I have here the
    Preparing your MacOS application for the Apple Mac App Store section of the Help File and I'm trying to follow it.

To release your application in the Mac App Store, you need to do several things:

Register as Mac developer on developer.apple.com and download Xcode.
    Yep, have that done.

From Xcode or your developer account, create a Mac App Distribution certificate in order to sign your app. More about this subject here: https://developer.apple.com/library/...tificates.html
    From Fusion, generate a Xcode project, open it with Xcode on a machine running MacOS.
    All good so far I select Mac Xcode project from Build Type.
    Then I go File> Build> All.
    This gives me a zip file that I unzip that has a folder with my xcodeproj in it. Double clicking that open it in Xcode.

In Xcode:
    Click the name of your project in the toolbar at the top, select Edit Scheme, and set the target to "Release" (uncheck "Debug executable").
    This below is what I see once my project is open in Xcode.

So I click on my project in the toolbar at the top, select Edit Scheme. Release is already selected as seen below, so I guess I'm all good there.

There was no option there for Debug executable. But if I change it from the Profile tab to Run tab I do see this.

So on there I can change Build Configuration to Release and untick Debug executable. I guess that's what I was meant to do for this step, so then close that window.

Select the project in the tree on the left, select the project target in the TARGETS list in the middle, and then:
    In the General tab, select your "team" to sign your app.
    I guess they have rearranged things a bit in the latest Xcode, as seen here under General there isn't an option for signing or team.

No biggy though, I click on Signing & Capabilities and find the target mention in the help file there and change that to the following.

In the Info tab, select an Application Category in the list, for example "Games - Action Games".
    No screenshot needed for this one, as we saw this part under the General tab earlier, so I go into there and do this as instructed.

In the Capabilities tab set Sandbox to ON, and if necessary select the resources your app needs to access. Note: make sure your app doesn't save files into its bundle, this doesn't work in Sandbox mode. Refer to the documentation of the "Redirect bundle files to user data folder" property for more information.
    Okay, for this it looks like we are going back into the Signing & Capabilities tab for this one. No capabilities to actually select from here, so I click on "+ Capability" that you'll see in the earlier screenshot.
    That will give us this below.

Double clicking it will add this extra section you'll see below with no option for yes or no... so I guess we're done?

Guess that brings us to the end of the helpfile, so nothing left to do but click build.
    At the top of most of the screens you'll see it says Brawler>My Mac
    If I have it set to that I just get a Build Failed, nothing more.
    If I change it to Brawler>Any Mac I get a "A build only device cannot be used to run this target. Please select an available device or choose a simulated device as the destination." error instead. Either way*I think I've stuffed something up here.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you trying to build a game for distribution via pen drive, etc or are you trying to distribute via Mac App Store? I'd check the "automatically manage signing". If everything is fine, the build should be on the ~/Library/Developper/Xcode/DeviredData/ <your appname>/Build/Products/Deployment.
    If you are just trying to build for testing Fusion just do that for you without XCode. Currently you need Xcode to change the icons mostly and submit to appstore.
    There is no detailed certificate and provisioning profile anywhere certainly because its off the scope of Clickteam. If that's the case for you, here is a link that really helped me out

https://www.bounteous.com/insights/2...uild%20process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for responding @SevenSails , I'm trying to build it for the Mac App Store.
    Unfortunately if I enable automatically manage signing, it forces it to change to Development.
    Either way though, if I try to build I still end up with the same result. I'll take a look at the link you provided now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Admittedly, I guess Xcode shouldn't be vital. I used to use a handy app called AppPrep that took care of the signing, packaging and app icon replacement. Although now long dead... perhaps there is another app out there that could do the same now.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It took me about two long days ready back and forth to grasp all the signing and certificate and the bureaucracy that Apple requires. The problem you are having seems not to be with building the app, but submitting the app to the App Store which requires the signing and certification. The less troublesome is having the automatic signing, but to enable this you must have the certificate on your machine, the key and everything correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I try to make a local build and forget all the signing stuff for distribution for the time being I get this error.
    Brawler.xcodeproj The linked and embedded framework 'MMF2Lib.framework' is missing one or more architectures required by this target: arm64.

So the fact I'm trying to do this on an M1 Mac mini doesn't look like it is going to help much...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it looks like I've come across something promising. There is an app called App Wrapper 4 that sounds like it can sign and sandbox already compiled apps. So I'll be sure to report back here once I've had a play around as it sounds like AppPrep, the app I used to use. I'd much rather get the already working app that Fusion can put out ready and up to code than struggle much longer with trying to compile the*Xcode*project.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, App Wrapper does indeed sign the app and even sandbox it without any trouble if using the latest beta build. So it looks like Xcode isn't needed for Fusion apps, thank goodness.
    Next up it's off to the Mac App Store and their review process.