User Tag List

Thread: How does Fusion avoid divide by zero errors?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does Fusion avoid divide by zero errors?

I'm interested in the backend of Fusion, how it somehow can't divide by zero and returns 0 if it does (or will do?). How is this safeguard protection programmed into the engine?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that in the days of The Games Factory, you could crash TGF if you tried to perform a divide by zero in an event.

I would assume nowadays this would be automatically cast to a NaN. Or maybe there's some code in the compiler that ANDs any operands of a division with %FFFF FFFF, and only performs the division if the result is non zero? There's many possibilities for handling this error in modern times & I'm sure fusion would be using one of those solutions by now

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YesNoYes View Post
    I know that in the days of The Games Factory, you could crash TGF if you tried to perform a divide by zero in an event.

I would assume nowadays this would be automatically cast to a NaN. Or maybe there's some code in the compiler that ANDs any operands of a division with %FFFF FFFF, and only performs the division if the result is non zero? There's many possibilities for handling this error in modern times & I'm sure fusion would be using one of those solutions by now
    It's weird how Fusion has a failsafe for this, but Unity doesn't, I wonder what Fusion's doing that Unity won't?