User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is there any way to do a zoom out feature?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    i have? i dont remember. I dont use UFO anymore but ive never seen that feature.
    The best example ive seen of this zooming was one that was in the clickteam reactor patreon (pretty sure its in the clickstore to be bought) and that used 1 qualifer to scale. So you would add all your objects that need to be scaled to a unused qualifer and scale that at runtime to set intervals.
    Yes, it was in this thread: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/100908-Concrete-Jungle-and-zooming-panning?highlight=surface+zoom

Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    I havent tried this myself, but i think the easiest way to do zoom like concrete jungle is to use Ultimate fullscreen object. With UFO you can scale things (2x, 3x etc) in the commands and I wouldnt be surprised if thats actually what CJ use since it's instant scaling instead of zooming in and out (from what i remember).

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well look at that haha i completely forgot about that. being a bit more knowledgeable these days i wouldnt do that (if it really is possible, i truly dont remember).

Because end of the day fusion is a 2d engine, which means there are only X and Y axis to move objects in (unlike 3d where u can physically move things away from the camera in Z axis). So the only way to show more things on the screen is to make smaller objects, which means scale them up and down.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying it's a good solution, but it's a solution...
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atq7cUIJ7uexrGll...rM7cV?e=aYfJSn
    It uses a shader effect on an object the size of the entire frame, but in theory it probably only needs to be the size of the area that you want to be visible (so the further you zoomed out, the bigger it would need to get).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyMole View Post
    I'm not saying it's a good solution, but it's a solution...
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atq7cUIJ7uexrGll...rM7cV?e=aYfJSn
    It uses a shader effect on an object the size of the entire frame, but in theory it probably only needs to be the size of the area that you want to be visible (so the further you zoomed out, the bigger it would need to get).
    Hm this is interesting, I have not dug into it yet though, is there any obvious limitations to this? can you still use scrolling etc in the zoomed out mode? (if you don't zoom out as much?)

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the probleme with zoom out is with the scrolling , (with "center on an asset") , there is a shift

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scrolling is not a problem.
    eg. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atq7cUIJ7uexrGoY...HgkCD?e=Df2XaV

The problem, I assume, is going to be performance.

If you look at how it works, you might notice something a little bit odd...
    In the properties panels, both the frame and window are set to 640x480, and the Window Control object is used to resize the window to 320x240 at the start of the frame (and nothing else). That begs the obvious question "Why not just set the window size to 320x240 in the application properties panel?".

The answer is that shaders can't normally access pixels that are outside the current window position, which a zoom-out shader needs to do. If you try it, you'll see that it looks fine in the frame editor, but at runtime it breaks.
    Using the window control object somehow lets you get around this problem (a bug possibly?) - but I suspect it does so by letting your application continue to run at the original resolution (in this case 640x480), and then crops the area that is shown afterwards. So if your level is 5000x5000, even if your game window is only 640x480, the computer is going to have to do the same amount of work as if it were running in a 5000x5000 window - which is a lot! I don't know if that's actually the case, and I haven't tested performance at all, but it's the only way I can think it could work.

edit: If you moved the shader active object around, it probably wouldn't have to be the full size of the level, but the size of the visible area at the most zoomed-out setting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2