User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is there any way to do a zoom out feature?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Is there any way to do a zoom out feature?

I am currently making a game that would really like a zoom out feature, however I am very doubtful this is possible to do in a reliable intended way that is not to janky or messy? Is there actually a way these days to do zoom out that works without too much issues? If so are there any examples out there on how to do it?

This is for the PC runtime so it does not have to be compatible with mobile etc.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you would have to add all your objects to a qualifer and then scale those.
    Could perhaps fake it with the lens shader but i dont think it will be too good.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I've used the surface object for this before, take a look at it, you can do a lot of things with it.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    you would have to add all your objects to a qualifer and then scale those.
    Could perhaps fake it with the lens shader but i dont think it will be too good.
    Is this doable though without creating a complete mess when trying to do other things? Is there any example on how to do this?

By the way, I saw you mentioning that it might be possible to do zoom with the Ultimate fullscreen object, have you seen any example of this?

To be clear I actually don't need smooth zooming (of course that would be nice as a bonus) it would be ok if just being able to snap zoom between different states. Like 1x 0.5x etc so that might open up the possibility more if just requiring "snap zoom" instead of "smooth zooming"?

Clicker

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stiggits View Post
    I think I've used the surface object for this before, take a look at it, you can do a lot of things with it.
    Do you know if there is any example out there with using the surface object for this?

Clicker

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be clear I actually don't need smooth zooming (of course that would be nice as a bonus) it would be ok if just being able to snap zoom between different states. Like 1x 0.5x etc so that might open up the possibility more if just requiring "snap zoom" instead of "smooth zooming"?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    trying to work this out myself recently, have you tried this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_kmvUgN4Mk&t=442s

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i searched for a long time a method to do that, i found anything but nothing working perfectly, i asked help on different forum but nobody could find the solution

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not going to be fun or pretty, whichever way you go about it in Fusion tbh, the engine just isn't designed with zooming in mind.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    Is this doable though without creating a complete mess when trying to do other things? Is there any example on how to do this?

By the way, I saw you mentioning that it might be possible to do zoom with the Ultimate fullscreen object, have you seen any example of this?

i have? i dont remember. I dont use UFO anymore but ive never seen that feature.
    The best example ive seen of this zooming was one that was in the clickteam reactor patreon (pretty sure its in the clickstore to be bought) and that used 1 qualifer to scale. So you would add all your objects that need to be scaled to a unused qualifer and scale that at runtime to set intervals.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast