User Tag List

Thread: Fusion 2.5 Cannot handle Mono sounds?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fusion 2.5 Cannot handle Mono sounds?

Mono sounds using Play Sample do not work, they make no noise at all in the editor and a runtime. Why is this? I bought a bunch of sound effects to use, turns out they're all in Mono. I'll have to end up converting everything I want to use to Stereo I guess, but I was wondering why Fusion can't handle Mono sound samples.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fusion can play mono sounds using the "Play Sample" action. I'm using lots of mono voiceover files for my current project. I've tested using .wav and .ogg and we use 16-bit 44.1khz sample rate/bit depth. Perhaps there is an issue with your sample rate/bit depth or the file format of the files you are attempting to play.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Clickteam Fusion even comes with a bunch of mono sounds that should work just fine. By default you'll find them in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Clickteam Fusion Developer 2.5\Samples" folder. Note that some of them are stereo and some are mono.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually loaded up some other sounds from the pack that were Stereo and had the exact same bitrates as the other files I use that work, and it didn't work.

It's also a .wav file, I usually use .ogg but I have used .wav files before without issue. Literally no idea what would cause this issue, the files are identical.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you'd like to upload an MFA with sample files that aren't playing, I can see if I have the same issue on my end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piscesdreams View Post
    If you'd like to upload an MFA with sample files that aren't playing, I can see if I have the same issue on my end.
    I would but every time I leave the MFA it auto-deletes the files that it cannot play, so the next time you open the MFA they aren't there.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assuming the mono files you're trying to use, both your own and the ones out of the Fusion sample library, play outside of Fusion just fine?

If so, I would recommend re-installing Fusion and see if that fixes the issue.