User Tag List

Thread: I need help with textbox collision

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need help with textbox collision

Hi!

So I've got this game I'm working on with text you can drag and drop
    Many of the ~50 words have multiple strings that get randomly picked at the start of the game
    The only problem is that the hitbox of the text expands way beyond the actual text, which makes moving the different words painful.
    My question is how can I convert the strings to active objects once they are loaded in the game? Alternatively, how can I get it so the text hitbox is reduced to only the shrunken text box?

A user on Discord said to "Use Active System Box instead, [as] you can resize it". They also said, "If you need to resize it to the text size, you would probably need Calculate Text Rect object as well".
    Is this the best method? If so, I need additional help. My project file is attached.magnetude.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    the Static Text box is resizable also, I made a quick example, I used a fixed width font (Lucida Console) there a a few you could use to make life easier,
    Set alterable strings with the words you want to use, once you work out the width of a letter in your application then just try different multipliers until
    you find the right one.word_width_box.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, but...

Thank you, but I seem to be getting a graphical glitch upon overlapping magnets where the text will merge into the other. It's possible to make an event that always restores the text from the original string, but then the layering gets all out of whack. Is there an easy way to fix this issue? Please use the attached .mfa to see what I mean. Cheers.

magnetude new.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm, thats a strange problem, if a letter overlapping matches in the box under it it copies the text over, must be
    a bug with static text box, maybe try the Active system box, you can use the same method to resize it.
    you might want to add an action saying when mouse over box-order-bring to front, this would keep the moving text always visible.

also, try looking here https://community.clickteam.com/threads/67533-Character-ASCII-value
    you could reduce those 26 lines of code to 1,